SAIC is looking for an experienced network systems engineer and administrator with background in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting cross-domain systems. Must have excellent speaking, listening and written communication skills. Team oriented and customer focused attitude is critical due to multiple networking locations and varied U.S. Government end users.
- Maintain all components of computer network software including software licenses, software version updates, anti-virus software, firewalls, routers, switch configuration as required
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting network hardware issues
- Troubleshoot hardware and software, run diagnostics, document problems and solutions, prioritizing fixes, and assess current and future impact of issues
- Monitoring and generating data analytics focused on improving network throughput performance
- Communicating networking issues to internal team as well as Gov't Lead. Provide documentation and technical specifications to leadership for planning and implementing new or upgrades of end-to-end networking software and hardware.
- Training and educating new users
- Occasional on-call work after normal work hours (nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field with 4 years experience. Relevant years of experience may be substituted for degree.
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly required
- Database, network administration, or system administration experience
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II required (such as CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, CND, or SSCPy)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux Redhat Enterprise, Microsoft Server network protocols are required
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, remote desktop, remote computer management or equivalent
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Ability to problem solve and think critically sometimes independent of significant experience or documentation of the problem area
- Strong customer Communication skills
- Project management skills