Cybersecurity RMF ISSO – Level 3
KBR is seeking candidates with Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience to join a team supporting the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Security Solutions Division (SDD). Team will be on site on Fort Detrick Army base in Frederick, Maryland with opportunity for partial remote work.
Position Description/Job Responsibilities:
- The selected candidate will serve in an ISSO support role and perform tasks related to Assessment & Authorization (A&A) and cybersecurity under DHA to obtain and maintain Authorizations to Operate (ATOs) for assigned DoD medical systems (i.e., applications, networks, devices)
- This position will be part of a team developing recommended courses of action needed to transition current policies and procedures to the DHA RMF-approved processes
- Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of expertise and creativity; problems are broadly defined and solutions require the continuation of specialized theories and knowledge
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on one or more technologies/skills related to A&A activities
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs
- Actively lead and participate in regular A&A status meetings with government and contract personnel to facilitate progress and address potential issues of RMF system efforts
- Participate in sessions aimed at identifying, planning, and executing strategies in response to emerging cybersecurity/RMF policies
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of evolving security and risk management standards and communicate and apply relevant changes to existing processes
- Day-to-day tasks may include the following:
- Develop, update, and/or review RMF documentation to include Security Plans, Implementation Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Risk Assessment Reports
- Assess system compliance against NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements to include the NIST 800-53 controls, and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
- Produce evidence as necessary to support compliance status of NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements
- Work with system administrators, engineers, and developers to create or update system/site policies, procedures, and process guides
- Coordinate with other system SMEs to identify and develop authorization boundary diagrams, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories
- Analyze vulnerability scans of information systems and assist in remediation tasks
- Lead or attend meetings with SDD stakeholders to discuss statuses of efforts
- Submit weekly reports to DHA leadership regarding system/program status
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum six (6) years of experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology, or twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology
- DoD 8570-compliant
- Demonstrated experience with Risk Management Framework (experience under DHA a plus)
- Demonstrated efficiency and experience in RMF package development, including POA&Ms (mitigation statements), Security Plans, Risk Assessments, architecture diagrams, hardware/software inventories, and system/site policies, procedures, and processes
- Familiarity and experience with the DoD tool eMASS
- Familiarity with NIST publications
- Experience in assessing systems using NIST 800-53 and/or DISA STIGs and SRGs
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on site on Fort Detrick Army base, with partial telework schedule
- Experience working under DHA preferred
- Experience with ACAS and HBSS preferred
- Experience in RMF policy development, process improvement, and strategy implementation preferred
- Knowledge in Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring (CMRS) preferred
- Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies preferred:
- Medical devices
- Network Devices
- Databases – MS SQL, Oracle
- VMWare – Virtualization
- Ability to work on site on Fort Detrick Army Base, with partial telework schedule
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance required
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.