SAIC is hiring a Service Desk Agent to support HHS in Cookeville, TN.
• This job is the front line of contact for support with various technical issues and questions; supporting users via various channels such as telephone calls, chat, email, and online requests.
• The employee performing this job is required to communicate with the end user to diagnose, understand, isolate, and resolve a variety of issues dealing with hardware, connectivity, network infrastructure, computer systems, as well as proprietary and commercially available software.
• Provide front line technical support to local and remote users via calls, chat, email, and online support and service requests
• Utilize technical skills, historical records, knowledgebase, and other available tools to analyze and diagnose customer issue
• Support commercial and customer specific applications and software
• Support operating system and internet browser issues
• Support desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, scanners and other hardware
• Support wired and wireless network connections
• Support network infrastructure issues affecting end users
• Assist with password resets and account unlocks
• Assist with set up, installation, and configuration of hardware and software
• Diagnose, isolate, and resolve issues with network connectivity
• Create, edit, and update documentation, instructions, and knowledgebase articles
• Utilize an incident tracking system to create, work, and resolve tickets
• Clearly document description of issue and troubleshooting work done for escalation, review, and audit purposes
• Effectively determine when to escalate issues to specialist teams
• Provide excellent customer service to the end user
• Communicate with supervisors, peers, and end users to effectively solve issues
• Follow all company and department policies and procedures
• Additional responsibilities may vary depending on the contract and position