Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Principal Network Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing network, VoIP, VTC, Cisco CMS and workstation solutions while following established security guidelines and customer specifications
- Responsible for the overall integration of a total network (black and red) including the design, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of a moderately sized and constantly growing network with multiple external services
- Creating and maintaining documentation, diagrams, and standard operating procedures
- Working with the other internal support teams to devise solutions for complex operational problems within multiple data centers and a distributed IT infrastructure
- Providing guidance and training for network administrators, service desk personnel and junior engineers
- Working with multiple vendors, subject matter experts, and service providers
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues related to a wide range of areas including: initially setting up, maintaining, or recovering customer sites, telecommunications circuits, routing and switching, Cisco VoIP, VTC, network encryption devices, Cisco Data Center, Cisco Security, network printers, etc.
- Efficiently resolving escalated trouble tickets
- Ensuring the network environment has STIGs properly applied and implementing necessary security controls
- Providing client consulting and training on interfacing with various types of hardware and software
- Participating on project teams responsible for a variety of engineering tasks
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently, organization/time management skills
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in (Computer Science, Math or Engineering) or equivalent
- 8 Years general experience or 6 years specialized experience required
- Knowledge of or experience with networking, VoIP, VTC, data circuits (T1, T3, etc.), security hardware (Cisco ASA/Firepower, Cisco ISE etc.), MS Office including Visio, Word, and Excel, network encryption devices (General Dynamics TACLANE, Sectera, etc.), and virtualization
- Up to 10% travel (Local from contractor location to customer location)
- DoD 8140 IAT Level II required: Security+CE and Computing Environment (CE) certification in Cisco technology (CCNA level) required and (CCNP) desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable on the CLI
- Comfortable interfacing with Government leadership
- Able to work independently and in groups while in a fast-paced work environment
- Valid US Drivers License- up to 10% local travel
- Cisco Collaboration certification a plus
- Cisco Data Center certification a plus
- Cisco Security certification a plus
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Security Requirements: Active Top Secret Clearance with investigation within 5 years. Active SCI or active SCI Eligibility required. Willing to submit for CI Polygraph.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
- Must be able to position self to maintain office supplies on variable height shelving.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to observe and detect employee deviations from established policy
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.