Satellite Operations Engineer
KBR is seeking a Satellite Operations Engineer to work onsite at Kirtland AFB, New Mexico. Responsibilities include:
- Functions as the Satellite Vehicle (SV) expert;
- Perform mission and pre-pass planning, scheduling, orbit analysis and orbit product generation functions as well as the required coordination to achieve contact success;
- Supports the system readiness, planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation for satellite launch and early orbit operations, on-orbit operations, and end-of-life retirement/disposal;
- Perform real-time evaluation, trend analysis, and troubleshooting of spacecraft, payload, and ground systems status in accordance with established mission requirements;
- Perform long-term data trending and analysis of vehicle telemetry and notification to the government of these trends that indicate potential vehicle problems data trending and analysis;
- Lead team responsible for spacecraft anomaly resolution;
- Provide leadership for short- and long-term investigations, flight hardware configuration changes, flight software configuration changes, ground system changes, seasonal SV and experiment changes, CONOPS changes, etc.;
- Respond to off-nominal telemetry flags, SV autonomous resets, memograms, real-time customer requests, etc.;
- Prepare procedure updates, anomaly resolution plans, anomaly closure reports, experiment on-time event command procedures, planner’s schedule, risk mitigation reports, special command builds, ROMs, OPS notices, etc.;
- Develops standard operating procedures that best enable the satellite and payload to accomplish the mission objectives;
- Develop Program Action Plan (PAP)/Satellite Acquisition Table (SAT) and submission to AFSCN 22 SOPS requesting AFSCN RTS contact, Daily de-confliction – manage tomorrow’s AFSCN conflicts, Pass Plan for Space Vehicle (SV) contacts, Command builds;
- Provide 24x7x365 operational support;
- Position will usually require 12 hr. rotating shift work.
- Associates Degree in technical field or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of three (3) years previous work with satellite and/or payload operations, scheduling, de-confliction and mission planning.
- US Citizenship and active DoD TS with SCI eligibility is required to be considered for this position
- Bachelor's Degree in technical field preferred (Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Ability to script and program using Perl, C#, and other programming languages.
- Experience operating multiple satellite families in different orbits (LEO, HEO, GEO).
- Familiarity with AFSCN, MILSAT and TDRSS.
- DOD TS with SSBI less than 5 years old and SCI eligibility.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.