Senior IT Project Manager
- Hold, have held or eligible to apply for security clearance to SC and NPPV2 level (requiring UK national or residency for 5+ years)
- Project Management qualification such as: APM – PFQ , PMQ; PMI PMP
- A Full, Clean Driving Licence
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or Engineering is preferred
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Certification in Agile PM
- Certified Scrum Master
Experience and Skills:
- Capable of using initiative whilst understanding the tolerances and boundaries that necessitate escalation
- Capable of establishing working relationships based on mutual trust and respect, avoiding micro-management unless fundamental to mitigate a defined risk
- Proficient (intermediate or above) in Smartsheet: capable of deriving a properly resourced plan for single or multiple projects, be able to identify resource constraints/under-utilisation, and use planning tools to achieve an optimum critical path
- Have a track record of delivering multiple small/medium projects simultaneously, and single large projects from initiation to closure
- Capable of building a delivery mindset in project teams, including internal resources and supply chain
- Able to build collaborative and productive working relationships with suppliers, clients and internal technical resources
- Possess analytical skills to break down complex scopes of work, arrange them in a logical sequence, identify dependencies, constraints and opportunities
- Capable at organising and running effective governance from ad hoc checkpoints to fixed project governance to board level, with audiences of both internal and external stakeholders (clients and suppliers), ensuring clear objectives are set, proper attendance is derived to meet objectives, clear agenda is agreed and delivered, and governance achieves it
- Track record of demonstrating sound commercial awareness, able to determine and manage scope, change to scope, and able to strike a meaningful balance between client flexibility and adherence to protecting profit margin
- Good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills to enable effective communication with customers and management in any format or forum
- In depth knowledge of IT systems including a general knowledge of software development and software and hardware architecture.
- Knowledge of system interfaces and proven experience in delivering these interfaces, especially API interfaces
- Proven ability to influence others and explain how systems work, especially to non-IT literate audiences
- Experience in definition of and coordination of Systems Development and Application Support activities, including delivering transition to business-as-usual
- Experience of delivering in a secure environment (Official-Sensitive or higher)
- Experience of delivering a mobilisation of a new contract to a fixed service commencement date
- Experience of preparing and delivering MS PowerPoint and/or Prezzi presentations to senior stakeholders
- Experience of collaborating in a MS Teams environment
- Experience of delivering line-of business software packages that utilise underlying database technologies (SQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge of the Facilities Management industry
- Experience of delivering projects to or for public sector clients
- Experience of delivering projects in a Cloud-environment
3. Core Responsibilities and Duties
Working within the FMI ITIM Team:
- Scoping, planning and managing a variety of small/ medium and large platform transformation projects for existing FMI client base (large public sector clients), often in parallel where appropriate
- Planning and delivering projects within mobilisation Programmes to fixed timelines
- Being accountable for developing and implementing the standard project management products of plans, schedules, budgets, and reports that related to IT, IM and systems base applications.
- Supporting and driving projects through all phases from definition through development to close.
- Supports all aspects of the project through the lifecycle including schedule, budget, resource, quality, risks, issues, change and stakeholders in relation to IT, IM and systems base applications.
- Establishes priorities for the completion of assigned tasks, supervises and manages the input of others.
- Relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of field to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy. Takes accountability for compliance and compliant use of systems and tools in the project team
- Drives awareness of other members of the team in understanding how to apply the systems and tools that are deployed in the project.
- Based in Leatherhead but able to work from home and travel to client sites where necessary
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.