SAIC is hiring for a Pricing Team Manager responsible for all pricing proposals submitted out of the Health, Financials and State & Local Business Unit (“BU”). Provides leadership, supervision and direction to pricing analysts working directly on the BU team. Participates in BU pipeline meetings and monitors pipeline to plan/assign appropriate Pricing resources based on timing and complexity of proposals in the BU. Collaborates with other Pricing team leads to optimize resource allocation across the organization based on staff availability and opportunities for career development. Resource allocation includes assigning a lead Pricing Analyst for each proposal, as well as identifying peer reviewers and more formal pricing reviewers (for example, green and risk reviews).
The individual will also perform as an individual contributor, and may serve as the lead Pricing Analyst for the most strategic/visible proposals within the BU, and other BUs when expertise is needed. Supports pricing strategy development across the BU. Escalates issues as appropriate to the Sector Pricing Manager and/or Pricing Director.
This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide.
- Assigns workload as appropriate based on task complexity and personnel skills/experience
- Develops pricing strategies and models and may assist in competitive pricing analysis
- Estimates labor and/or material costs, projecting the impact of pricing changes on revenue/profit
- Coordinates the implementation of pricing proposals, and partners with business development, finance and other relevant functional areas to appropriately align the pricing strategy
- Supports SAIC’s estimating system by participating in regular self-assessments and providing input/guidance on specific proposals
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience.
- Proven experience leading the pricing strategy and development of proposals exceeding $100m in contract value
- Experience with developing or delivering price strategy presentations and analyses to executives and key decision-makers
- Strong understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations, contract types and available cost/pricing strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to mentor, manage, and train junior staff
- Must be able to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines, and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.