EOS Operations Manager
KBR Is looking for an Operations Manager for the Earth Observing System (EOS) Flight Operations Team (FOT) to join their team. The EOS Operations Manager will support support the Ground Systems and Mission Operations -2 (GSMO-2) Contract at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center.
The EOS Operations Manager, under the direction and reporting to the EOS FOT Manager, is responsible for oversight of the real-time spacecraft operations and ground system operations for the EOS missions; as well as supervisory aspects of personnel management for all assigned direct reports. Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing the EOS Operations Team (EOS OCEs, Operations Engineers, Planning & Scheduling, and Deputy Operations Manager) for activities including:
- the health and safety evaluation of spacecraft subsystem performance
- completing daily load uplinks (Stored Command & Ephemeris/NAV loads)
- executing special commanding requests such as drag make up maneuvers or inclination maneuvers, as scheduled
- responding to out of limit conditions by taking pre-authorized action
- managing the onboard solid state recorder and ensure that all science data is captured on the ground
- Facilitate process improvements for EOS Operations
- Assigning/Developing projects and tasks to improve operational efficiency, effort or accuracy in their daily tasks
- New-hire training and certification
- Update/Maintenance/Creation of documentation (SOPs, R&Is, MIRs, etc) to maintain information to current level and disseminate information to other FOT stakeholders
- Other, as required
- Augment the operations expertise provided by the OCEs and Operations Engineers (OEs), with broad operational knowledge and overall mission perspective. When appropriate, delegate technical and reporting and responsibilities to OCEs and OEs
- Coordinate with the Mission Directors, ESMO Management, FOT Management, Software Development and Ground System Engineering and other mission stakeholders to help maintain ground system hardware/software delivery schedule, negotiate Online operations resource contention and mitigate risks in performing ground system activities thereby ensuring safe operations for all missions.
- Coordinate and perform hardware, software & interface verification and validation testing as directed
- As an FOT leader, ensure that we continue to deliver a quality product to our customer. Work in concert with the entire team to ensure that sound engineering and operations processes are practiced and continuously improved. Coordinate and collaborate with the other FOT leadership members to effectively and safely implement the EOS mission requirements.
- Conduct supervisory aspects as assigned such as: personnel yearly goal objectives and performance assessments, personnel mentoring/development, timecard approval, company policy training and all other KBR and FOT management duties as assigned for all direct reports.
- New-hire training and certification
- Represent the EOS missions at routine, ad hoc, and other periodic meetings, including but not limited to;
- Mission Director Meeting (a.k.a. Top Ten)
- Ground System Activities
- Monthly Status Review
- Command Authorization Meetings
- FOT Automation Meeting
- FOT Configuration Control Board
- EMOS Configuration Control Board
- Discrepancy Review Board
- Root Cause and Corrective Action Review Board
- Annual Reviews
- Other, as required
- BS in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline
Experience Requirements (Project Coordinator – Engineering):
- Minimum of 5 years of spacecraft operations experience including spacecraft and/or ground subsystem engineering experience.
Experience Requirements (Engineering Manager):
- 7+ years of related expereince
- A minimum of 5 years of spacecraft operations experience including spacecraft subsystem engineering experience
- Previous EOS Flight Operations experience
- EOS Tri-Mission OCE certification
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.