DIEGO GARCIA: Construction Superintendent
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the Manager, the position is responsible for managing all the aspects of operation of the Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) project.
- Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion.
- Under general direction, Possesses supervisory/lead responsibility over a group of technical staff on projects.
- Supervise all construction activities and ensure compliance to all design and budget and develop and maintain effective relationships with all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Further responsibilities include the liaison with the engineering firm for the project, and preparation of executive reports, initiation of progress reporting systems and interfacing with client representatives.
- Evaluate all construction drawings and ensure accuracy in implementation of same and maintain an effective construction schedule for both engineering and construction department.
- Assist in all special projects and perform on site visits and ensure compliance to all project specifications and guidelines.
- Acts as the channel of communications with the Contractor on all matters relevant to the satisfactory completion of the works under the contract.
- Supervises the works to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the contract.
- Supervises in general the methods adopted by the Contractor for the execution of the works undertaken by him in order to ensure the satisfactory execution.
- Checks that all notices and wayleaves are arranged in a timely manner.
- Ensures that there is no delay in providing the Contractor with full information required for the ordering of Prime Cost Items.
- Supervises and records any tests of materials.
- Ensures that up-to-date record drawings are produced.
- Ensures that progress photographs are taken and maintained.
- Maintains careful notes of all disputes arising out of the interpretation of the contract so that, if necessary, the form of contract and specification can be amended for similar future works.
- Assures implementation of the company's Safety Policy.
- Notifies the Contractor and others of any hazardous situations.
- BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain U.S. Government driver’s license.
- Must possess high level leadership skills.
- Must possess high level customer relations skills.
- Must have knowledge of construction management processes, means, methods, building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process.
- BS Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Ten (10) years minimum total experience in Construction Management with Five (5) years as Supervisor or Superintendent of various construction projects.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.