Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Each day U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) oversees the massive flow of people, capital, and products that enter and depart the United States via air, land, sea, and cyberspace. The volume and complexity of both physical and virtual border crossings require the application of “big data” solutions to promote efficient trade and travel. Further, effective “big data” solutions help CBP ensure the movement of people, capital, and products is legal, safe, and secure. In response to this challenge, ManTech, as a trusted mission partner of CBP, seeks capable, qualified, and versatile Senior Java Developers to facilitate data-driven decision making in response to national security threats.
Fullstack Developers will: 1) support the development of enterprise applications; 2) design and implement micro-services architectures; and 3) develop performance dashboards and artifacts to inform resource allocation, justify requirements, and support statutory reporting mandates.
The strongest applicants will have a proven track record of delivering production ready decision support tools and applications employed in the field and by mission-support entities. Developers play a key leadership role in multidisciplinary teams providing crucial insight on databases, modeling, business logic and object orientation, API, user interface and user experience. Developers must also model behaviors supporting the acquisition of new skills and enhanced understanding and fostering the same attitude in their colleagues in both technical and mission understanding.
Within three to six months of joining the project, the Developers will be expected to:
• Lead and perform development and maintenance of end-user focused, object-oriented, data-driven analytic applications to support CBP threat analysis and targeting.
• Independently identify technical solutions for business problems, directly contribute to conceptual design, and routinely collaborate with Enterprise/Application architects, Database Architects, Data Scientists, and mission stakeholders.
• Develop new code, modify existing application code, conduct unit and system testing, and engage in rigorous documentation of developed and delivered application use cases, data flows, and functional operations.
• Demonstrate a strong practical understanding of industry standard Java Application Servers technologies such as WebLogic, WebSphere, TomcatEE and/or JBoss for application delivery.
• Demonstrate a strong practical understanding of application-relevant cargo and passenger data and databases used to support analytic application development, functionality and targeting end user (officer) operation.
• Drive the development of CBP Common Framework-compliant UI/UX to promote clear, consistent, and simple to use interfaces for developed applications. Support building complementary job aids and tutorials for mission facing field users.
• Actively participate in formal and informal design reviews, solution sessions, and project milestone meetings as well as contribute to project document artifacts for presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Integrate with, and materially contribute to, project portfolio teams as a matrixed resource to provide development and issue resolution expertise in collaboration with data scientists, intelligence analysts, developers, and other participants at the direction of a project manager.
• Mentor junior developers and actively contribute to the development of a community of practice focused on enhancing technical skills, sharing best practices, and promoting enhanced mission domain knowledge.
Applicants should note that while some formal training exists to support building knowledge of missions and the implementation of data-driven solutions, much of the knowledge must be gained through on-the-job training and individual initiative. Technical knowledge is insufficient to establish credibility in this operating environment; expertise must be enhanced with rapid acquisition of mission knowledge and demonstrated commitment positive mission outcomes; therefore, we seek self-starters who are capable of independent exploration and knowledge acquisition, willing to develop informal support networks, and with an appreciation for the immense challenge of safeguarding the Nation’s borders.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with 2+ years of technical experience
• Hands on experience with Java 8+ and newer language features
• Expertise in Java and Object-Oriented Design and development principles (e.g. XML, JSON)
• Hands on experience using Spring to develop Micro Services and/or REST API
• Hands on experience with one or more ORM libraries such as Hibernate
• Hands on experience with one or more relational database systems (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Postgres)
• Hands on experience with SQL and developing complex SQLs involving multiple databases
• Hands on experience with web/application servers (e.g., Tomcat, WildFly, WebLogic)
• Hands on experience with building and deploying containerized applications (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
• Hands on experience with one or more build tools (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Bamboo).
• Hands on experience with Software Source Code Management tools (e.g. BitBucket, Git)
• Hands on experience with Agile Lifecycle Management and engineering tools including Atlassian Jira and Confluence as well as application IDE tools including Eclipse, Jupyter Notebook, and Apache Zeppelin
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux and shell scripting
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with 5+ years of technical experience
• Developing applications with Spring Boot
• Hands on experience leveraging distributed data/computing tools including Hadoop, Spark, Impala, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Solr, etc.
• Experience developing solutions via Amazon Web Services (e.g, AWS EC2, RDS, S3)
• Experience with NoSQL database systems such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
• Experience executing continuous integration with Jenkins or Bamboo
• Agile Scrum participation and, ideally, Scrum Master experience
• Active TS or higher
Selected applicants must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Background Investigation.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.