Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Each day U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) oversees the massive flow of people, capital, and products that enter and depart the United States via air, land, sea, and cyberspace. The volume and complexity of both physical and virtual border crossings require the application of “big data” solutions to promote efficient trade and travel. Further, effective “big data” solutions help CBP ensure the movement of people, capital, and products is legal, safe, and secure.
In response to this challenge, ManTech, as a trusted mission partner of CBP, seeks capable, qualified, and versatile data scientists to help lead the development and delivery of high-quality predictive modelling solutions. Successful applicants will serve as recognized subject matter experts in the application of quantitative methods, machine learning algorithms, and predictive models to address complex national and homeland security challenges. They will help our team to leverage large structured and unstructured datasets to develop and operationalize models, tools, and applications that drive optimized decision making. Project tasks include data collection, mining, data and text analytics, clustering analysis, pattern recognition and extraction, automated classification and categorization, and entity resolution to implement and enhance automated risk assessment. The products we develop provide actionable insight with real and immediate impact on the safety and security of the United States, its citizens, visitors, and economy.
In this role the ideal candidate will be part of the team that supports a growing Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence environment using Informatica, Oracle 12c on Exadata, SAP Business Objects and Oracle OBIEE on Exalytics. This individual will be responsible for the following:
• Develop data profiling and quality assessment processes
• Develop data filtering, transformation and loading requirements
• Determine appropriate translations between source data and target databases
• Capture metadata as it pertains to sources and targets
• Load and transform data from data sources into target databases
• Design and implement appropriate error handling procedures
• Develop project, documentation and storage standards in conjunction with data architects
• Monitor performance, troubleshoot and tune ETL processes as appropriate
• Develop ETL workflows using Informatica for periodic data loads from source to target databases
• Validate and verify the data in the target databases.
• Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the architecture, design and development of ETL programs using Informatics’ data integration tools;
• Expert knowledge of Informatica version 9.5 and above;
• Experience working with large scale enterprise data warehouse comprising of 10+ TB of data
• Knowledge of reporting tools like Business Objects or OBIEE a plus
• Minimum 2 full lifecycle project experience with small development groups, e.g., leading ground up development of Informatica standards in one or more previous projects.
• Demonstrated ability to navigate through organizational and technical uncertainty
• Mastery of Unix concepts and commands, including process management, directory structures, file permissions and editors
• Solid background in Oracle database 11g or 12c preferably in Exadata environment with a focus on manipulating large volume data set
• Stored procedure development experience
• Solid experience building SQL queries, including creating sub-queries, minus/union, and inline queries and performance tuning of SQL in Oracle/Exadata environment
• Fluency with business concepts related to relational and dimensional data models
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
• Experience with large scale database application like Exadata would be a plus
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.