NGEN: Material Coordinator
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law
The Material Coordinator coordinates and expedites flow of material, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules or department supervisors' priorities. In this job, the Material Coordinator reviews production schedules and confers with department supervisors to determine material required or overdue and to locate material, requisitions material and establishes delivery sequences to departments according to job order priorities and anticipated availability of material; arranges for in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules, and with department supervisors for repair and assembly of material and its transportation to various departments, and examines material delivered to production departments to verify if type specified.
This Worker may monitor and control movement of material and parts along conveyor system, using remote-control panel board, compute amount of material needed for specific job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes and using adding machine; compile report of quantity and type of material on hand, move or transport material from one department to another, using hand or industrial truck; may compile perpetual production records in order to locate material in process of production, using manual or computerized system, and maintain employee records.
Clarification of Duties on the NGEN Contract (duties that fall into this category that are not clearly outlined by the DOL):
- Computer Work. While not the main function of a Material Coordinator, a good portion of the tasks a Coordinator will complete, involve computer work. These duties may include:
- Receiving of shipments into WMS after physical verification of inbound shipments (For NGEN Operations this is part of unloading a Shipment).
- Preparing shipping documentation after physical verification of outbound shipments (For NGEN Operations this is part of loading a shipment).
- May send emails and reports in relation to shipments and tracking information as needed, including inventory reports.
- May send emails and reports in relation to employees that may be assigned to their areas of operations. This may include timesheets, requests for leave, safety reports, etc.
- May Use Microsoft Office (Or equivalent software applications) to review, modify, distribute and complete reports and schedules as needed.
- May assist manager in enterprise related reports and corresponding emails as needed.
- Relay direction to employees VIA email.
- Complete Inventory Research at the request of the KBR Manager.
- Complete all required DELTEK operations (Time and expense recording) in accordance to all KBR policies and procedures.
- Complete all Learning Management System requirements as set by KBR.
- Complete all Computer guided orientation as required on the NGEN contract (Active shooter training, PII training, ETC).
- Perform any other Manager assigned computer work in relation to the NGEN contract.
- Warehouse Work. The Material Coordinator is a primary part of the normal warehouse team and as such will adhere to all safety and security policies for warehouse operations and assist in warehouse activities as needed including:
- Material Coordinators report directly to either their assigned KBR Material Coordinator or KBR Manager. KBR employees DO NOT report directly to/nor take direction from the customer. As such, before performing any duties assigned to them by the customer or anyone other than their KBR Manager, they will get clarification and confirmation accordingly.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and organization.
- Perform Physical and Systematic Inventory of the customer’s equipment as needed.
- Provide direction and guidance to team members accordingly.
- Ensure all team members assigned to their project/area/team, are compliant with job requirements, KBR safety and security policies.
- Reports any problems, concerns , ideas and questions to the KBR Manager for direction, clarification or resolution.
- Pull Equipment from inventory, preparing it for shipment as needed (both local shipments VIA KBR trucks, and other shipments using customer approved venders).
- Place equipment in assigned areas, locations, bins, shelves, racks, etc as directed by Material Coordinator or Manager also Transfer of equipment between locations (and/or Buildings if required) forklifts, powered handcarts, hand trucks, dollies, etc.
- Use Forklift to move equipment as needed/assigned, by KBR Manager
- Perform any other Manager assigned duties in relation to the warehouse operations on NGEN.
- Requirements as per the SOW provided by the Customer and/or KBR (If at any time the status of the employee fails to meet one or more of these requirements, you are required to immediately report it to your Honeywell HTSI Manager) :
- Background Check free of felony convictions
- US Citizen
- Valid Forklift Operator Certification (Testing, certification and license will be provided by KBR should employee not have one already. Please notify your manager should you need this requirement)
- Specific working area or team the Material Coordinator is assigned to may require a DoD clearance be maintained. (Please ensure you ask your KBRI manager if this is required for your work assignment.)
- Specific working area or team the Material Coordinator is assigned to may require an Authorized courier certificate be maintained. (Please ensure you ask your KBR manager if this is required for your work assignment).
- REMOTE Material Coordinator Team Members (Duties and requirements listed in the body of this document remain the same, with the following added) :
- Must be able to receive and maintain a KBR Corporate Credit Card
- Must be able to Travel both CONUS and OCONUS following all KBR Travel Guidelines
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.