Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Project Controls Manager
Project Controls and Commercial Services (PCCS) is the mechanism in which Sellafield Ltd have engaged KBR Ltd to provide Commercial and Project Controls Services to the portfolio of enterprise projects, in addition to the original PPP programme. Those services include the provision of some 150+ Commercial and Project Controls Professionals across the Sellafield Ltd network of Projects.
The Sellafield nuclear site is home to one of the most complex portfolios of construction and infrastructure projects in the world, stretching over many decades.
The new approach will support the transformation from nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation.
Project Controls Manager
To provide and maintain a comprehensive Project Controls Major function.
• Agree PC level of service & staffing plan & engage the Project Controls Capability to assign appropriate resources.
• Deliver the approved Project Control level of service and resource.
• Lead the Project Controls performance management resources in the delivery of the service utilising both Sellafield and PPP systems, processes and procedures.
• Manage the production, maintenance and monitoring of integrated scope, schedules, cost baselines and underpinning estimates at an appropriate level of detail and the application of effective change management processes.
• Implement timely performance monitoring, trending, variance analysis and forecasting processes and provide periodic reports on performance and status issues.
• Interface with internal and external clients and contractors as required, including schedule and financial integration, assurance, validation and reconciliation.
• Ensure adherence to the risk process providing estimate and schedule support.
• Perform regular functional performance peer reviews and support the Project Controls QA process.
• Undertake compilation, checking and approval of all estimates, schedules and performance reports prior to issue.
• Forecast the demands and appropriately engage Project wide performance resources required to support the delivery of Project Controls scope and reporting.
• Communicate significant unresolved concerns regarding project and programme cost, schedule, scope or Project Controls fundamentals to the PCM.
• Provide project outturns against baseline for Learning from Experience and Knowledge Management, and Project improvement.
• Supervise the Project Controls performance personnel in the discharge of their duties and sets expectations of the standard of the delivery service.
• Mentor and support the development of Project Controls personnel within their supervision.
• Ensure and assure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all stakeholders.
• Highlight any current and potential issues to the PCM and Project Manager.
• Maintain compliance with approved processes, procedures and Project Execution Plans.
• Maintain active contribution to the continuous improvement of the functional quality and performance of Project Controls.
• Work in compliance with the Collaborative Management Plan and all appropriate SLMS documents and protocols.
Reporting to the P3 Office Lead on all matters Schedule & Cost related to the development, monitoring, reporting, control and management of the Enterprise Asset Management Portfolio.
Qualifications/Special Skills or Experience Required:
Experience of working in Project Controls Management in a multi-discipline dynamic change environment across multiple work faces and geographically diverse teams.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.