Java/JEE Developer (Senior)
- Military veterans preferred
We are currently seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented Java Developer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
- Develop and implement Micro Service Architecture JEE software applications
- Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software
- Present solutions at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5-10 years of technical experience
- Java Micro Service Architecture frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Oracle, SQL, JDBC
- Hibernate, JPA
- JSON, XML
- Unix/ Linux
- HTML, CSS
- Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions
- Experience designing and delivering complex, highly scalable software components
- Must have recent hands-on developing experience.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience designing, developing, or maintaining systems running on AWS (or equivalent cloud provider)
- Webservices, SOAP, REST
- Java Web Containers (Tomcat, Jetty)
- React, TypeScript, Angular/AngularJS
- Developing 100% automated unit tests
- Agile development approach
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (Git, Gradle, Maven)
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
- Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Clearance - Must have a current CBP BI or be eligible to obtain one.
- Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
More Jobs For Veterans...