Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Systems Engineer to join our team in the Linthicum location and will be part of a team that provides Cybersecurity Analysis and Cryptographic Engineering technical expertise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead an Agile development team automating application deployments, scaling and management
• Analyze requirements and lead design and development activities guiding users in formulating requirements and developing alternative approaches
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
• Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
• Interact with the customer regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations for associated problems, issues, or conflicts
• Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
• Communicate with other program personnel, customer representatives, and senior executives
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Computer Engineering and 14 years of experience or, in lieu of a degree a total of 19 years of relevant experience
• Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc
• Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
• Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
• Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
• Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
• In conjunction with system stakeholders, plan the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
• Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
• Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions
• Manage and ensure the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
• Develop scenarios and an operational concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
• Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
• Working individually or as part of a team and may serve as a team lead
• Support program increment planning in a Scaled Agile Framework
• Experience in managing teams for information systems development
• Experience in project management information system (Project Professional, Jira, Confluence)
• One of the following certifications: SAFe Scaled Agilist (SA), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Agile Leadership (CAL), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
Security Clearance Requirements:
• TS/SCI with polygraph based upon SSBI requirements
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
• Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.