Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Systems Engineer to join our team in the Linthicum location and will be part of a team that provides Cybersecurity Analysis and Cryptographic Engineering technical expertise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications and technical documentation
• Analyze system requirements and lead design and development activities guiding users in formulating requirements, developing alternative approaches, and conducting feasibility studies
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
• Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
• Interact with the customer regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations for associated problems, issues, or conflicts
• Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
• Communicate with other program personnel, customer representatives, and senior executives
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Computer Engineering and 14 years of experience or, in lieu of a degree a total of 19 years of relevant experience
• Use LAN/WAN topologies to include single/multi-mode fiber, wireless (such as IEEE 802.3, 802.5, 802.11) and Ethernet/Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet
• Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc
• Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
• Collaborate with an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
• Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
• Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
• Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
• Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
• Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
• Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
• Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
• Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
• Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
• Manage and ensure the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
• Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
• Develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
• Conduct quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.)
• Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
• Working individually or as part of a team and may serve as a team lead
Security Clearance Requirements:
• TS/SCI FSP
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
• Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.