JV Finance Director
(BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED)
- Overall leadership of JV Finance, Accounting, and Financial Reporting & Analysis. Responsible for the management of the Company's joint venture financial statements, including internal reporting, periodic unaudited partner reporting, and annual joint venture audited financial statements. Act as the primary point of contact with partners for financial matters.
- Working with JV Partner A&F personnel lead JV Company and Accounts set up to meet project, Board of Managers and both members reporting and internal control requirements;
- Overall Leadership of JV Accounting Staff from both members;
- Partnering with Project Directorate to support Project Director, Commercial and legal activities.
- Developing and managing annual and multi-year budgets, forecasts, and strategic plans that are adequate for the Board of Manager and Member organization’s needs including the preparation of periodic budget forecasts in accordance with the Business Partners.
- Leading financial analysis models for the JV.
- Analyzing monthly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows).
- Assisting in preparing year-end books for audit as required.
- Ensuring operational compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations as per JV member's requirements.
- Liaison with Commercial and Corporate Development teams to ensure consistency among all internal and external reporting channels.
- Work with Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting teams from both JV members on complex accounting matters and financial reports.
- Determine that all distributions to partners are calculated in accordance with the joint venture agreements and that all equity reporting requirements are met.
- Manage any partner audits under the joint venture agreements.
- Review month-end and quarter-end account reconciliations and internal/external reporting of various joint ventures and lead the analysis of period over period variances.
- Work with the accounting management team to evaluate/analyze financial accounting processes, identify opportunities for improvements and effectively implement process improvements. Foster a process improvement culture.
- Provide leadership and direction in ensuring the acceleration of the financial accounting close process and standardization of the Company's policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Ensure SOX controls are properly designed to mitigate the relevant accounting and reporting risks and are operating effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Ten (10+) years of corporate accounting experience or a combination of public accounting and corporate accounting experience with joint venture accounting experience.
- Six (6+) years of managerial experience.
- Ability to develop relationships with key contacts at all levels in other departments.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and an understanding of internal controls in a SOX environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and writing skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and work in software applications with minimal training and guidance.
- Proficient in Excel to at least an intermediate level.
- Strong communication skills are effective for all levels of the organization.
- Exhibits attention to detail, ownership, and willingness to be hands-on.
- Regular and reliable attendance with ability and willingness to work overtime, especially during close cycles.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture. These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to, and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer. We Deliver — Together.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.