SAIC Naval Business Unit is seeking a qualified Operational Level of War (OLW TT) INTEL/OPFOR Developer at Navy Warfare Development Command (NWDC) in Norfolk, VA.
The individual in this position will provide subject matter expertise (SME), Fleet Intelligence, and Opposing Forces (OPFOR) SME support to USFF in the accomplishment their mission to train and sustain Maritime Operations Centers (MOCs) command and control capabilities at Major and Numbered Fleets Commands, Naval Component Commands (NCC) and when designated, Joint Force Maritime Component Commands (JFMCC) at the Operational Level of War (OLW). The ideal candidate must have naval operational experience and knowledge for how intelligence and realistic OPFOR presentations support the following areas: Operations, Plans, Command and Control (C2) Command Authorities, Fires, Intelligence and Special Access Programs/Special Technical Operations, Integrated Air and Missile Defense/ Ballistic Missile Defense, Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO), OLW Logistics, Special Operations Forces/Irregular Warfare, Inter Agency, C2 Systems, Command and Control of Command and Control (C2 of C2) or Assured C2 Process, Strategic Communications, Cyber Operations, Space Operations, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Information Management/ Knowledge Management, Personnel, and Assessments. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have performance-based Operational Level Exercise Program (OLEP) experience, which includes the full spectrum of maritime operations support tasks required in the conduct of simulated and real- world events (local, remote, distributed, live, virtual, and constructive; friendly, neutral, and threat maritime forces).
These tasks include, but are not limited to: exercise concept development, planning, scheduling, modeling, simulation architecture design, simulation management and operations, intelligence, scenario development, database builds and tests, event response and control cells, assessment, as well as support to development of future maritime domains within the joint training environment.
Specific Functional Area duties will include, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Coordinate with MOC Training Team (TT) on-site contractor staff, as required, to accomplish tasks, briefs and pointpapers to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate with appropriate OLW TT members to prepare required reports, staff actions, point-papers, talking points, and all other staff products in support of but not limited to the following activities of USFF OLW:
- Assist in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment and specific storylines that ensure the Commander’ s training objectives are accomplished. Assist government representatives in debrief of OLW exercises in accordance with appropriate measures of effectiveness (MOE) using USFF established Navy Mission Essential Task Lists (NMETL).
- Develop synthetic exercise scenarios in accordance with current naval, joint, and coalition doctrine, Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and forward deployed Numbered Fleet requirements in an OLW environment.
- Develop synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training events and support of live events as required. - Utilize the Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) tool to track storylines and specific events on a daily basis.
- Provide recommendations for and development of synthetic augmentation (entities, scenario elements, simulator operators, etc.) to live training exercises.
- Develop exercise documents to include manning documents, messages and orders to include but not limited to Operation Orders (OPORD), exercise directives and exercise game books.
- Provide for the execution of synthetic war-gaming software for OLW synthetic events/exercises as required. - Provide the government lead with appropriate lessons learned from synthetic training exercises and ensure relevant changes are incorporated in future exercises
- Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine.
- Develop collection plans in support of Observer/Trainers (O/T) to aid in the preparation of After Action Reports (AAR) and daily summary reports. - Participate in the development of the AARs based on observations of the training audience during exercise execution.
- Develop and maintain MOC levels of performance, readiness assessment and feedback standards, as well as associated standard metrics (training proficiency observations (TPO), training proficiency evaluations (TPE), training proficiency assessments (TPA), mission training assessments (MTA), and mission assessments (MA)) for entry into the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) and the Defense Readiness Reporting System (Navy) (DRRS-N).
- Manage all aspects of operational integration of processed/fused Intelligence Community based documents, assessments, Intelligence Briefings, operational reports and Intelligence databases for blue and red forces to support and meet exercise training objectives.
- Develop exercise products from processed/fused Intelligence Community based documents, assessments, Intelligence Briefings, operational reports and Intelligence data bases.
- Provide Intelligence support to the Exercise Control Group during exercises in the role of a Maritime Intelligence Operations Center (MIOC) / Joint Intelligence Operations Center (JIOC) staff.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. 12 years experience in lieu of a Bachelor Degree
- Active TS/SCI
- U.S. citizen with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. - A minimum of nine (9) years of Navy Fleet Intelligence and/or Joint intelligence experience.
- MOC N2 and/or MIOC experience.
- Expert knowledge of Navy structure and defense level intelligence operations: intelligence collection, fusion, analysis, production, and dissemination for intelligence databases and products.
- Ability to meet medical screening qualifications to embark on U.S. Navy, USNS or host nation ships when required to get u nderway for periods in excess of 24 hours.