SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator (Division) to support efforts with The Army Corps of Engineers – Revolutionary Information Technology Services (RITS) program. This program provides a modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN HUNTINGTON, WV.
This position will support the US Army Corps of Engineers RITS Program. Provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, storage, and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Primary POC for local server, network and telecom repair of District infrastructure components.
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft (MS) Windows Server Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments.
- Assist with hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance while coordinating with application owners to minimize disruptions.
- Demonstrate day-to-day adherence with change management precepts and practices and is responsible for writing Change Requests and seeking approval.
- Assist in storage and data management, specifically file and folder permissions.
- Apply DISA STIGs and resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into production.
- Work Remedy incidents and requests and provide initial triage of complex tickets.
- BA/BS Degree (4 additional years of experience can be substituted for degree)
- 2 years of experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level II (example: Security+ CE)
- Must obtain appropriate DOD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment.
- Travel may be required.
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; 8 hour shift between 6AM and 6PM local time. After hours support may be required on an infrequent basis.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance prior to start.
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
- Demonstrated professional experience with Windows Server 2012; Windows Server 2016.
- Demonstrated experience with VMware.
- Understanding of technology areas such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, DFS and the ability to maintain other Windows core services.
- Comprehension of NTFS file share permissions.
- Fundamental understanding of authentication mechanisms such as Kerberos and LDAP.
- Basic networking experience (TCP/IP, routing, SSH, OpenVPN)
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications and technology
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting a plus.
- Cisco Telephony / Router Solutions.
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
- Experience supporting Office 365.
- Experience working in a DOD environment.
Target salary range: $65,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.