SAIC is seeking an Modeling & Simulation Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at San Bernardino, California 92408.
Commit your years of experience to a future of excellence as you help shape the future of the United States ICBM. The Minuteman III weapon system was first fielded in1962, and has been upgraded in various stages over the life of the program to maintain system capability. SAIC is responsible for the Force Development Evaluation (FDE) of the current Minuteman III, and provides analysis capabilities to the Air Force to ensure that all system accuracy performance requirements are achieved. SAIC provides engineering support (Advisory & Assistance services) as part of a multi-command, multi-contractor team. SAIC is seeking an engineer with a background in aerospace/aeronautics, specifically in flight testing, to include flight instrumentation, telemetry, flight termination, and range operations. Don’t miss this great opportunity to contribute to one of the most exciting and challenging development and sustainment efforts in the Department of Defense (DoD). Position and pay will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Define, analyze, and review results from model simulations
• Develop, modify, and maintain software tools that predict pre-flight performance under nominal, off-nominal, and Monte Carlo flight conditions
• Develop, modify, and maintain software tools that analyze post-flight data to break-out sub-system errors, e.g. guidance hardware, software, targeting, survey, reentry, etc.
• Develop, modify, and maintain trajectory processing tools for the reduction and analysis of flight test data to determine Best Estimate of Trajectory (BET)
• Update models based on designs, test results, and other data
• Develop, modify, and maintain hazards assessment tools to evaluate probability of impact and expected casualties from off-nominal and failure modes
• Prepare presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to analyses performed
Education and Experience: