SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer - Hardware Installations in San Diego, CA with a TS/SCI clearance who is also experienced in supporting DoD Acquisition and Navy Sites & Programs of Record (PoR). This position will support the Installation and CM Teams providing hardware installation support and managing DoD processes within NAVWAR and NIWC for a Navy Acquisition Program Office and Project.
Experience with shipboard installation challenges for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR)-related hardware and/or software on U.S. Navy (USN) and Military Sealift Command (MSC) platforms and shore commands.
- Ensure compliance with Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) policies, processes, and guidance for Programs and Projects
- Review and manage hardware engineering changes
- Coordinate with NIWC ISEA and Program Office CM and Installation Teams. Establish relationships across functional areas and work closely with SCD developer for engineering change and SCD alignment.
- Participate, as required, in the following: PMW CCB, NIWC PTRB, System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETRs), and Process Improvements efforts
Education: Bachelors in Engineering Field and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters (preferred) and seven (7) years or more experience.
Active TS/SCI clearance
- Must have familiarity with Permanent Change (PC) SCD and Non-Permanent Change (NPC) SCD Maturity Process and responsibilities to include: SCD Drafting, Initiation, Submission and Tracking in Navy Data Environment (NDE) website through development.
- Must be familiar with and maintain a Navy Data Environment (NDE) website account. Familiarity with the following modules include but not limited to:
- Afloat Master Planning System (AMPS) Mod: To track status of SCD installation on ships; draft and submit electronic Risk Forms (eRF) for newly submitted SCDs.
- Entitled Process (EP) Mod: To submit new SCDs, track approval status and provide info to approval authorities if requested. Update Cost Base Analysis (CBA), Investment Cost data, Appropriations data and Installation Fielding Plan info to match updated Fielding Change.
- Enterprise Change Requests (ECR) / Ship Change Documentation (SCD) for Hardware Installations
- Service Request Forms (SRF) for Application Integration / System Integration Tests (AI/SIT)
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Desired Skills, Experience, Certifications:
Experience with and demonstrated understanding of the DOD acquisition process. Certifications or Completed Courses of Instruction in CM and PM from DAU or other institution.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.