Sr. Calibration Technician (Metrology)
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
Sr. Calibration Technician (Metrology) will be responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Performs calibration/repairs on equipment.
- Calibrates standards used in calibrations.
- Conducts uncertainty analysis, develops procedures, and ensures documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
- Installs new equipment; performs modifications on equipment to make it compatible with existing equipment or to enhance its functions.
- Makes reports on electronic or instrumentation system conditions, repairs and preventive maintenance performed; prepares and maintains repair and maintenance records as required by federal and department regulations and directives.
- Develops automated procedures using basic/complex programming skills.
- Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according to instructions, blueprints, schematic sketches and/or prescribed testing procedures.
- Uses all hand tools and sets up and uses standard machine tools.
- Uses common laboratory measuring, calibrating, and test equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting in conjunction with design modification functions involved in production or engineering liaison.
- Makes design modification or devises and designs the equipment parts.
- Provides guidance regarding equipment operation to customers and equipment operators.
- Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them.
- Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work instructions and assists customers to define technical requirements to meet their objective.
- Performs complex maintenance and repair work on equipment; inspects defective electronic equipment to determine malfunction; reads and interprets schematic diagrams, logic charts, drawings and sketches and manufacturers manuals; uses computer diagnostics to isolate area of malfunction; interfaces digital equipment with the computer and programs equipment and diagnostics functions.
- Provides advanced technical/electronic and instrumentation equipment repair work, troubleshooting, modifying, testing, calibrating, adjusting, repairing, and installing electronic, digital and analog equipment and monitoring devices.
- Performs work safely, in-compliant to HS&E requirements, and takes actions to ensure a safe working environment.
- Interacts effectively with others to produce the desired results.
- Participates constructively in the utilization of process improvement methods to provide timely, cost-effective, quality services.
- Performs routine operational tests to assure the modification produces desired outputs; evaluates environments in which equipment is to be installed and how electronic equipment will be affected.
- Maintains records of test data and assists in writing test procedures and test evaluation reports.
- Applies advanced skills in area of specialization.
- Serves as lead resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment appropriate to meet special needs.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Serves as primary technical contact for assigned customer group.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Associate degree or applicable Technical training and certifications. 4 years of directly related experience, equivalent experience in lieu of formal education.
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client requirement.
- Military PMEL/TMDE training preferred.
- Troubleshooting and Calibration of RF equipment.
- Preferred candidates will demonstrate technical competency with RF and Microwave equipment including calibration and component level troubleshooting.
- Fluke Met/Team, Fluke Met/Track and Met/Cal experience a plus.
- Previous customer service experience is a plus.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.