SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer Principal with Weapons Systems Integration experience to support NSWC Crane and the Navy Hypersonic Program Office with transition of advanced technologies to the Navy/Army hypersonic weapon system. This position is located in Crane, IN.
Note: This position could also be supported from Washington D.C. or Huntsville, Alabama. The program team will also support 3-4 days of telework a week with at least one day onsite in Crane, IN or at our additional sites in Washington D.C. or Huntsville, AL. After Covid-19 restrictions this position will return to an onsite position with the potential for 1 day a week telework.
In this role, the candidate will work collaboratively with customer leaders, various working groups, systems engineering team members, mission stakeholders, national labs, and industry to analyze, evaluate, coordinate, and support test and transition activities for candidate technologies. The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward leaning self-starter with exceptional judgment to interface with stakeholders at all levels as well as with industry partners.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Maintain cognizance of technical developments within the program
- Provide technical depth to Technical Exchange Meetings and Quarterly Program Reviews and make recommendations on future courses of action
- Support technical studies and systems engineering activities
- Write technical white papers and prepare presentations
- Review and analyze detailed test plans and reports; assist with development of test and validation framework and program test activities.
- Support technology maturation activities for funded projects
- Support integration planning and analysis of requirements for new technologies/ capabilities through technology insertion.
- Support development of transition processes, plans, and agreements; conduct TRL assessments and assist with TRAs.
- Support development of mechanisms for monitoring project progress, and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and program stakeholders
- Participate in the analysis, collaboration, coordination and de-confliction of detailed schedules and risk for the program
- Maintain insight into the program technical support functions of partner organizations
- Prepare Risk and Technical Review Board materials and participate in Prime and Prime subcontractor review board meetings to address contractor-level risks.
- Participate in Risk and Technical Advisory Advisory Board meetings
- Represent the Navy Advanced Concepts customer at various high level meetings and technical exchanges.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- BS in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Nuclear), Physics, or Chemistry and 9+ years of Systems Engineering experience; or a Master's Degree and 7+ years’ experience.
- Combat Systems Experience (Army/Navy) - Navy Aegis preferred.
- Experience with weapons system development - Desired.
- Demonstrated 6+ years of experience in a DoD systems engineering role
- Experience supporting weapons system integration activities
- Familiarity with baseline management activities
- Prior support for DoD Transition Readiness Level (TRL) assessments and Transition Readiness Agreements (TRAs) (desired)
- Ability to interpret interface and ship installation drawings/models
- Experience with DOORs and Digital Engineering tools (i.e., Rhapsody, Cameo Magic Draw) - Desired.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and risk analysis to operational systems
- Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible requirements with the judgment to know when to initiate needed corrective actions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics and information with technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment to know how to navigate and resolve challenging situations
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.