Quality Assurance Auditor (Special Processes) - Remote
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
Quality Assurance Auditor will have experience in auditing globally diverse teams, communicating with senior management, managing challenging customer issues, leveraging the larger Aero organization for solutions, and solving complex problems where a degree of ambiguity exists.
Position will complete customer site audits/pre-audit work in the following special process areas; Calibration, Heat Treat, Machining, Chemical Processing/Plating, Thermal Spray, Welding, and Shot Peening. NADCAP PRI Audit experience.
Position requires travel to conduct audits in Midwest and South East locations.
- Responsible for auditing the Special Processes at a key Aerospace customer’s manufacturing sites and suppliers.
- Requires breadth of technical special process / NADCAP (National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program)
- Knowledge experience across programs and products in order to work with our sites and customers in determining appropriate special process requirements and processes.
Key job responsibilities :
- Perform audits per NADCAP / customer requirements using NADCAP checklists
- Create findings against noncompliance’s, work with sites to ensure robust corrective actions are completed on time and effective.
- Must have experience in auditing the following areas/special processes.: Conventional Machining, Chemical Processing, Heat Treat, Welding and Coating
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Education: High School, GED, or Equivalent (15 yrs.) plus 2 yrs. experience in process family. Or Associate’s Degree (13 yrs. plus 2 yrs. college) plus 2 yrs. Aerospace Quality or Special Process Experience. Exceptions to the minimum Education/Experience requirements shall require approval by the customer’s Special Process Management and/or the applicable CAA (Certified Accessor Auditor). It shall include an assessment of the candidate’s ability to perform the job function.
- Experience: Demonstration of Special Process family technical knowledge/experience must be validated in writing by the applicable CAA and be based on exam, interview, or documented training/experience. This requirement is not applicable if the candidate is already certified as a SCA (Source Certifying Agent).
- Process Training: 40 hours Quality System training, auditing and use of Acceptance Checklists (AC).
- Audit Experience: Complete a minimum of one Special Process training audit under the direction of a qualified CAA, CA [Certified Assessor), SCA (if authorized by the CAA) or Aerospace Network Auditor for each Special Process category. Prior audit experience may be accepted at the discretion of the applicable CAA.
Additional recommended Qualifications :
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical discipline
- Qualified auditor to industry requirements for AS9100 and two or more special processes
- Knowledge of NADCAP and all other Special Processes applicable to client sites and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of aerospace quality practices and industry standards.
- Strong computer skills with high level proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with project management and facilitation.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of leadership.
- Ability to identify risks and mitigating actions to achieve positive results.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interface within and between culturally diverse organizations, data, define actions, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for implementing solutions.
- Knowledge and application of statistical analysis methods is preferred.
- Excellent team building skills, creating constructive and open environments for sharing data.
- Experience in managing global virtual work groups.
- Experience with Aerospace products.
- Demonstrated leadership capability to drive step change improvements in quality performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and manage the activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret data, define actions, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for implementing solutions.
- Adept in soliciting facts and opinions from all team members and creating a constructive and open environment for sharing data.
- Capable of making fact-based decisions and communicating to team members why certain facts or recommendations prevailed over others.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.