Virtualization Systems Engineer
Location TX - San Antonio
Req # 5941
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR?is seeking a capable junior to mid-level Virtualization Systems Engineer to?support of our team located at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide Virtualization/Linux+ Engineering services supporting all 33 NWS mission networks currently in the DME (Directorate of Maintenance Engineer) Flight
- Conduct related activities and coordinate DM (Directorate of Maintenance) actions with DMO (Directorate of Maintenance Operations) systems administrators, and external units (i.e., 26 NOS, INOSCs, & 690 ISS)
- Perform Virtualization/UNIX Engineering of the Customers central management systems, operational networks (Patriot and Defender), the training network, local base NIPRNet and SIPRNet CSA actions, and AOL pre-deployment network configurations
- Complete installation, upgrades, and daily maintenance of SANs consisting of UNIX-based, Windows-based, and VMware-based operating systems and other network and computer components?
- Carry out administration and maintenance on mission network servers, Storage Area Networks (SAN), and COTS/GOTS software applications
- Configure physical and virtual servers, connect network storage, develop user interfaces for specific purposes, and troubleshoot network/server/user problems beyond intermediate administrative responsibilities
- Fulfill engineering/advanced level installation, upgrades, and daily maintenance of hardware and software consisting of Linux, Microsoft and VMware operating systems, physical workstations, Zero-client workstations, security event correlators, packet capture devices, SAN, Anti-virus and vulnerability remediation systems and software (ex: ACAS), computer printers, KVM switches, fiber optic media, fiber-channel connectivity, gigabit Ethernet, 100BaseT network operations, and other network and computer components
- Evaluate and document the ACD systems configuration and virtual infrastructure, particularly under periods of peak usage, and determine where corrections and enhancements can be made to include removing misconfigured or excessive network components
- Responsible for documentation of hardware/software logs, operating procedures, and all maintenance actions performed. The contractor shall be responsible for SharePoint setup and user training?
- Minimum 5 years related professional experience (mid-level); Minimum 2 years related professional experience (junior level)
- Experience with administrative maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting actions on a variety of commercial software suites
- Working knowledge of SANs consisting of Linux, Windows and VMware operating systems and other network and computer components Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Experience with network backups daily, weekly, and monthly on mission critical systems for same day recovery
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners ?
- Current Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility ?
- Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of degree, 4 years related professional experience in addition to number of required professional years specified ?
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 and Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) Infrastructure Support (IS). (IAT-II: CySA+ CE, GSEC, Security+ CE; CSSP-IS: CEH, CySA)
- VMware Certified Professional 6 or higher
- CompTia Linux KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.