Project Team Lead, Engineering
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Project Team Lead, Project Coordinator - Engineering
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for all phases of planning and execution on a small (typically less than $500,000 total installed cost) project or may be responsible for a segment of a larger project at a client site in Midland, MI, which produce industry-leading cellulosics products for the pharmaceutical excipient, food, and industrial markets and are key assets to business results. The incumbent will plan, organize, coordinate, and control small engineering projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company. Has responsibility for day to day contact and communication with the client and focuses on providing client satisfaction. Possesses knowledge of the respective industry. May also serve as a proposal manager for small projects. Job role has budgetary accountability.
This position is located at a client site in Midland, MI. Work will be performed on site, with schedule flexibility for remote work opportunities.
- Accountable for overall project performance, including safety, operability, quality, budget, and schedule.
- Typically managing a number of projects simultaneously, handling internal prioritization of resources and coordination with plants to determine installation windows and necessary plant resourcing to support permitting, operating discipline updates, and training needs.
- Involved with project execution including ensuring necessary procurement & marshaling is completed and contractor resources are available and scheduled to hit key milestones.
- Develops and presents high quality project definition documentation project approval reviews for stakeholder decision against the business opportunity.
- Performs economic evaluations, prepares funding requests, forecasts capital and non-cap expenditures and asset write-offs , and ensures necessary financial reporting and accounting is performed.
- Works closely with the plant sites, Manufacturing Technology organization, MiOps Site Engineering, and external engineering resources to execute FEL and detailed engineering activities. Supports projects through construction and commissioning and startup. Serves as single point of contact for N&H to coordinate internal and external engineering resources with Site Engineering.
- Works with Manufacturing Technology team in identifying non-cap alternatives or lower capital options, utilizing the appropriate value improving practices.
- Implements best practices, evaluates scope options, conducts risk analysis and develops mitigation plans.
- Makes strategic project decisions and provides status updates throughout execution of all aspects of the project.
- Ensures excellence in alignment to process safety management (PSM), environmental, health & safety (EH&S), mechanical integrity and quality assurance (MIQA), export controls and trade secrets principles, and other core value standards, processes and procedures.
- Serves as the owner’s lead project engineer to ensure necessary engineering processes are followed, leveraging highly with engineering and construction management contractors.
- Champions the “no change” concept and ensures only changes consistent with the business and project objectives are approved. Demonstrates excellent communication when changes occur.
- Provides trustworthy leadership for an effective and cohesive team by ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly understood, team member workloads are reasonable, cross functional communications are adequate and personality conflicts managed for owners and contract team members. Engages outside consultants when needed to support the team.
- Management of project execution to safely achieve business objectives within agreed to scope, cost and schedule while protecting the environment and our communities.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Project Quality Plans, including auditing work processes and deliverables for compliance, and for meeting agreed upon project quality requirements and expectations, including operability scorecard metrics following return to operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or related Engineering
- 3+ years industrial experience. Small project cost control and support preferred.
- 0-3 years of small project management experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft office products
- Strong interpersonal skills, communications, team skills & ability to collaborate.
- Ability to lead multiple projects/tasks and drive projects to completion with strong operability to support reliable, high-quality production.
Work is located at a working client site:
- Requires exposure to ambient temperature extremes
- Extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces.
- Some lifting may be required, up to 20lbs
- Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress).
- Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, hearing and eye protection, steel-toed boots, etc.)
- Day-to-day physical requirements involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits, which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient and safer.
We Deliver – Together.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.