Field Senior Contracts Engineer
KBR is looking for Field Senior Contracts Engineer to be based in Iraq for 28/28 Rotation
Roles and Responsibilities:
Protects CONTRACTOR Company and thereby COMPANY from contractual risk by working in a process of continuous improvement to encourage/promote the introduction and implementation of best practice contracting methodology and practices.
Accountabilities include, but not be limited to:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility
- Develop contract strategies.
- Issuance of ATT (Approval to Tender) and ATA (Approval to Award).
- Working with engineering group to develop contract contractor prequalification questionnaires and analyse the subsequent returns.
- The compilation of tender lists and obtains in house and COMPANY approval of the same.
- Compile tender documentation, ensuring (with the support of the requisitioning Manager) that the package is complete and viable.
- Issue tender documentation.
- Strategize/oversee tender clarification meetings.
- Be focal point for the dissemination of information to/from tenderers.
- Issue tender bulletins.
- Facilitate and record bid opening.
- Ensure that technical evaluation is carried out in a timely and meaningful manner.
- Analyse commercial tender submissions and ensure the appropriate distribution to other disciplines and shortlist the most advantageous offers.
- Facilitate tender clarification documentation,
- Attend meetings ensure records are maintained.
- Develop negotiation strategy
- Develop Contract document ensuring all relevant items from bulletins, meetings, correspondence and negotiation.
- Prepare and manage the issuance of letters of intent as appropriate.
- Prepare and manage the issuance of contracts.
- Prepare and administer Kick Off Meetings.
- Maintain savings register.
- Preparation of correspondence between Company and contractors.
- Issuance of call-off orders.
- Analysis and negotiation of claims.
- Maintain claims register.
- Contract Close out.
- Guardian of “Chinese walls” between technical and commercial evaluations
- Work Group Team
- Vendors / Suppliers
- External Stakeholders includes Client and Subcontractors
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BSc., University degree in any of the main Legal, Business, or Engineering branches., i.e. Mechanical, Civil, electrical, chemical, or equivalent
Experience and Skill set
- Preferably having worked in a similar role for a considerable number of 5 years (2 years for contract engineer) in a brownfield project,
Total of 10 years (5 years for contract engineer) in Contracting and Procurement within oil & gas / petrochemical environment.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.