The Mission Systems Operation contract (MSOC) has an excellent opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to facilitate IT procurement and asset/inventory management for NASA Johnson Space Center’s Mission Control Center (MCC) and Training Systems (TS).
The applicant will work in a dynamic team environment and will be responsible for working with engineers and project managers to capture and negotiate software requirements, working with vendors to obtain cost estimates, and complete all related transactions throughout the lifecycle of the purchase.
- Purchase software, services, and training in a timely manner to attain cost & inventory objectives, minimizing risk for the organization
- Generate accurate budgets for approval and purchasing
- Partner with System Engineering to define and implement inventory management processes and policies
- Execute IT asset lifecycle: procurement, tracking/assignment, reallocation and disposal
- Work with vendors and manage relationships
- Support budget estimations and compliance
- Ability to prioritize requests and communicate effectively in a deadline oriented environment
- Provide consultation and recommendations to program managers and contract specialists in the preparation of Statements of Work (SOW)
- Assist on and/or review Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Assist with the development and update of local policies and procedures
- Other projects will be assigned based on company direction and growth
- Work well with minimal supervision
- Successfully take direction from multiple sources
- Effectively manage competing priorities
- Can-do, get it done attitude with a self-reliant, resourceful nature
- Communicate effectively with internal and external resources
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Operate via purchasing best practices
- Good organization and time management skills
- Adept at internet searching for new supplier resources and comfortable purchasing via the internet
- Proficient with office applications including spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software
- Develop and maintain appropriate supplier relationships
- Relationship building skills both in-house and with vendors/suppliers globally.
- Conduct yourself and your business in an ethical and appropriate manner at all times
- Knowledge of accounting and purchasing systems and procedures
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all levels
- Ability to effectively and timely resolve issues with various degrees of complexity in a calm professional manner with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude and work well with others.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Software Applications such as: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with ServiceNow Software Asset Management
- Experience with CostPoint
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically holds a bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years of experience
Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance per eligibility requirements.
Work cannot begin on the NASA program without a fully adjudicated security clearance.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.