SAIC is looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our Defense & Civilian Sector in support of the Federal Aviation Administration Integrated Service Center (FAA ISC). SAIC leads the way to provide customer-centric IT Service Management (ITSM) focused on improving service, and leveraging processes and strategies with an emphasis on timely IT services and support.
You will be part of the Tech Dispatch team, responsible for onsite support of incidents and service requests that cannot be resolved remotely by Service Center Staff. In this role you resolve, track, and manage escalated technical problems within Remedy. Travel may be required to support remote FAA sites that do not have local technicians assigned.
- Installs software, modifies settings, and replaces hardware as required to resolve the incident.
- Resolves desktop and network issues to restore service.
- Understands premise wiring/cabling best practices.
- Uses ITSM and Remedy ticket processes to document actions taken and executes hardware or software deployment.
- Supports lifecycle asset management (LCAM) of IT equipment – deployment through exchange/disposal.
- Ensures troubleshooting and resolutions are accomplished using industry best practices, resolves technical issues, ensures issues resolved per FAA direction, and documents installed configuration.
- Makes updates to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions, and works on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree related to Computer and Information Technology Services and 2 years of experience. 8 years of additional experience is acceptable in lieu of the education requirement.
- Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Desired Skills, Experience, & Certifications
- Technical proficiency in supporting desktop, server, printer, and network equipment.
- IT Certification(s)
- HDI Certification(s)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.