Job Title and Working Title: Safety Panel Engineer
Perform engineering assessments and analyses on the International Space Station, Commercial Vehicles (manned and unmanned) payloads and experiments that are flown on International (e.g. Progress or Soyuz) or commercial vehicles (SpaceX, CST-100):
1) Identify and quantify risk;
2) Assure compliance with NASA safety requirements;
3) Provide detailed reports and recommendations for mitigation strategies;
4) Prepare and present technical presentations;
5) Participate in Safety Panel Reviews
6) Review flight documents, operational scenarios, and subsequent changes for safety impact;
7) Participate in associated meetings,
8) Provide real-time and post-flight engineering support for flight anomaly investigations;
9) Work with customers - NASA, Space Station contractors, and International Partners.
- 5 to 10 years related experience; Excellent oral and above average written communications skills; Ability to develop excellent working relationships with customers, peers, and management; Ability to utilize Microsoft Office to prepare reports, presentations, and charts
- Familiarity with the NASA organization and with the International Space Station (ISS) subsystems and components
- Knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software (is mandatory i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics) is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- NASA system flight safety review process experience.
- Experience with direct participation in conducting and documenting space system safety review
- An understanding of NASA Handbook 51700 and 50021.
- An understanding of system safety hazards analysis process.
Required Education & Experience: BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited Engineering University
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.