SAIC has an opening for a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect. This is a remote position.
The Senior Cloud Solutions Architect will be responsible for working with SAIC technology teams to help develop and implement SAIC’s next generation technologies. The objective is to leverage the power of Government Cloud services to enable business agility and operational efficiencies through the adoption of Cloud solutions and automation. This approach will involve a combination of public and private clouds in a hybrid multi-cloud environment. This is a Lead role that requires hand-on and Solution Architect level knowledge and experience. The qualified candidate will provide technical leadership, and help shape the strategic direction of Cloud technologies at SAIC.
Lead-level Solution Architecture and hands on experience working with modern Cloud technologies is required to help drive SAIC’s Cloud adoption and continuous maturity.
- Provide technical and thought leadership while promoting the adoption of modern Cloud technologies.
- Develop, mentor, and coach SAIC team members on cloud best practices and technologies.
- Partner with SAIC IT teams including Cyber Security to execute on our SAIC-ITO Cloud Strategy.
- Work closely with application, network, EA, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in cloud solution designs.
- Assess, plan, build, and migrate applications and services to public cloud.
- Maintain compliance with FEDRAMP, DFARs, CMMC and other mandated security requirements including NIST standards.
- Leverage policy and automation to enforce standards, build repeatable processes, and optimize cloud spend.
- Assist in the development and presentation of Cloud related business cases.
- Apply modern native Cloud technologies to deliver operational efficiencies.
- Develop and apply Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices.
- Develop Cloud processes and standards that align with industry best practices.
- Develop proof of concepts as needed to demonstrate cloud-based solutions.
- Provide recommendations on cloud strategy and design for implementation.
- Maintain quality documentation for enterprise-wide solutions, standards, and best practices.
- Stay current with industry trends and new cloud-native services as they are made available.
- Help teams build enterprise-monitoring, alerting, and log analytics solutions for the cloud
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, with 14+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 12+ years of experience, PhD or JD and 9+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of hands-on Cloud Engineering experience with public clouds (Azure, AWS preferred)
- 4+ years of experience developing scripts, software, and tools to support infrastructure
- Certified Azure Solutions Architect preferred
- Demonstrated expert level proficiency with operating systems, SDN, virtualization, PowerShell scripting, PaaS, IaaS, server-less, and public cloud storage constructs
- Experience of with IaC tools (Terraform Enterprise, JSON, PowerShell, etc)
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
- Strong network and Public cloud network design experience
- Experience with Public Cloud security
- Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc)
- Exceptional personal communication and Teamwork interaction skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.