EOS On-Console Engineer
Around here, we define the future.
We are a company of innovators, thinkers, creators, explorers, volunteers, and dreamers. But we all share one goal: to improve the world responsibly and safely.
KBR is seeking an EOS On-Console Engineer to be responsible for monitoring the health-and-safety of NASAs Terra, Aqua, Aura satellites, while assisting with all aspects of EOS operations. This position will be under the technical direction of the EOS Operations Manager or Deputy Operations Manager.
- Perform Online Operational shift work for the EOS spacecraft if needed
- Health and safety evaluation of spacecraft subsystem performance
- Manage the onboard solid state recorder and ensure that all data is captured
- Daily load verification and uplink (Stored Command loads & Ephemeris/NAV loads)
- Execute special commanding (i.e. spacecraft maneuvers, instrument activities)
- Respond to Real-Time and Back-orbit out of limit (OOL) conditions
- Respond as required to off-hour anomalies
- Coordinate and collaborate with the other FOT leadership members to implement the EOS mission requirements effectively and safely
- MUST be willing to work rotating shifts
- Assist with the EOS Operations training and certification plan
- Assist with Contingency Operations Readiness Exercises (COREs)
- Work in concert with the Online Engineers to ensure that sound engineering and operations processes are practiced and continuously improved
- Facilitate process improvements for EOS operations
- Assist OCEs with additional projects and tasks including automation tools/scripts
- Augment the Online Engineering expertise provided by the Online Engineers, with broad operational knowledge and overall mission perspective
- Update/Maintenance/Creation of spacecraft documentation
- SOPs, R&Is, MIRs, etc. to maintain information to current operational level
- Disseminate information to other FOT stakeholders
- Coordinate with the FOT Management, Software Development and Ground System Engineering and other mission stakeholders to help maintain ground system hardware/software delivery schedules
- Perform hardware, software & interface tests as directed by the Operations Manager
- Assists in reducing operations resource contention and mitigate risks in performing ground system activities thereby ensuring safe operations for all missions
Required Education & Experience:
- BS degree in aerospace engineering or related degree
- In lieu of formal education, 8 years of directly related work experience.
- 1 + years of related experience preferably experience with satellite operations (preferably EOS Operations)
- Basic understanding of satellite subsystems and concepts through experience or education
- Extensive familiarity/experience with the EMOS Ground Systems (Online, ITPS, MMS)
- Experience with computer programming (i.e. Cecil, Perl, XML)
- Oral and written presentation skills
- Technical writing
- Systems Integration and/or Testing experience
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.