Meteorological Technician Junior
- High School diploma and two years technical education. Experience with meteorological instrumentation and/or meteorological ground station equipment can be used to replace technical education. Military training and/or at least two years of experience with GPS ground station systems is preferred.
- Ability to operate and maintain various types of meteorological instrumentation, including GPS sounding systems, aerostat sounding systems, wind tower systems, meteorological surface measurement systems, and laser ceilometers.
- Apply technical knowledge to accomplish fault isolation and maintenance of systems.
- Ability to interpret schematics and system drawings.
- Use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, power meters and signal generators.
- Maintain up-to-date logs and preventative maintenance schedules
- Duties will be performed under direct supervision of higher level technicians.
- Ensure Company and NASA procedures and policies are followed.
- Perform manual tasks, which may include lifting 40 lbs or more and some climbing around antenna systems.
- Ability to perform tower climbing and tower maintenance is desired.
- Be willing to travel at least 25% of the year, typically 2 or more trips.
- Must earn upper air certification from the National Weather Service within 6 months of hire date.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.