Position Description/Job Responsibilities:
- KBR is seeking a Security Specialist to join our team in the Washington, D.C. area
- Security related responsibilities may include:
- Enforcing and monitoring security procedures
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of the government and company security policies and procedures related to physical access to buildings, room, couriers, clearances, packages, documentation, and debriefings
- Develop and implement security procedures in coordination with management personnel
- Conduct security briefings and maintain security education programs
- Investigates losses and security violations and recommend corrective action
- Maintains liaison with outside agencies and keeps upper management informed of all security activities
- Ensures destruction of classified and company proprietary information in accordance with policies and procedures
- Assists in revision of procedures manuals
- Filing/maintaining personnel records
- Create step by step guidance for standard operating procedures
- Coordinate and schedule meetings (VTC and Microsoft Teams) and send invites / notifications via email
- Answer main phone line
- Create courier letters, cards, and other letters/memorandums as required
- Packaging classified materials for mailing
- Willing to learn personnel security functions or other security related functions as opportunities present themselves; Personnel security functions include but not limited to:
- Conducting pre-screens
- SF-86 / e-QIP reviews
- SCI indoctrinations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum two (2) year of relevant experience
- Experience using DISS
- Sending and receiving Visit Requests (via email, fax with memo, etc.)
- Confirmation of Clearances (including Scattered Castles)
- Foreign travel notifications
- Use of other IT systems and database applications
- Scanning documents (unclassified and classified networks)
- DoD Safe – for sending/receiving unclassified encrypted emails/files
- Reading and following / interpreting policy and guidance
- Understanding of DoDM 5105.21, Vols. 2-3
- Customer service mentality – act as the main voice/face of NRL SSO
- Requires good communication skills (oral and writing)
- Good organizational skills; Pro-active thinker and problem solver
- Familiar with JWICS e-mail
- Active Top Secret /SCI clearance or Active TS with SCI eligibility
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.