EPA's End Users Services (EUS) program requires a strong analyst to support SMO leadership in investigating and coordinating the design and content of new IT processes and/or reengineering of existing processes in order to mature EPA IT's services on or integrated with ServiceNow. The position involves modeling IT business functions, processes, information flows, and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques. The candidate will have the opportunity to solve complex problems, design user-friendly interfaces, and optimize processes through automation. The candidate will participate in the assessment of risk involved in new initiatives, activities and technologies that change business service processes through implementation. The successful candidate is required to competently collaborate cross functionally with EUS Managers/Supervisors, Product Owners, Process Owners, Service Owners, and EPA Stakeholders.
This is position is 100% work from home (remote).
- Conduct Business Practice Reviews to perform current state analysis of existing systems and applications.
- Collaborate with various groups to elicit requirements and translate needs and high level technical specifications via agile stories in ServiceNow. Includes carrying out thorough investigation of requirements, and establishing possible interaction between different existing and future systems. Advises leadership on possible solutions for a particular problem/need, related costs and feasibility of such solutions.
- Investigates and models business functions, processes, information flows, and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques. Specify information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements. Participate in defining, planning and justifying initiatives to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Investigates operational requirements and problems, seeking effective solutions through improvements in information systems, data management, processes/ procedures, organization and equipment. Analyzes the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identifies available options for consideration and participates in leadership meetings and presents issues and solutions.
- Designs moderately complex solutions and/or modifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Documents all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Collaborate with DevOps on configuring the ITSM tool (ServiceNow) to foster efficient and effective IT operations for the delivered services.
- Supports DevOps and ensures implementation of designed standards/procedures where applicable.
- Manages information collection from many sources and maintains control of information in an organized manner.
- Understands the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- Maintains process documents and aids service delivery with improvements to existing Plans, Processes, and Work Procedures.
- Uses quality models such as IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to aid process design.
- Forges collaborative partnerships and works effectively with cross-functional teams and external business partners.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors in technology, programming, or business and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in performing work encompassed by this job description within the IT setting. Has an understanding of process development principles.
- 2+ years hands-on technical experience in ServiceNow.
- 3+ years experience with enterprise level data integration and technical management related experience.
- 2+ years client facing experience implementing technical solutions.
- Experience using Agile and iterative development practices and methodologies such as Scrum / Agile.
- Requires extensive understanding of business process and system requirements development to build baseline documentation and create agile stories.
- Able to create process flow diagrams based upon information provided by process owners and/or stakeholders.
- Able to drive the definition of guidelines based upon stakeholder requirements and process goals.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment, should be detail oriented, work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts and ideas to senior IT management, functional and business teams. Excellent communication (oral and written), presentation and organizational skills.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, proactive, positive, and enjoy the challenges of planning and solving problems in a complex and unpredictable work environment. Candidate must be able to maintain records, meeting notes, and process materials for several concurrent process development assignments.
- Ability to establish a solid working relationship with Service Delivery Managers, IT Technical Subject Matter Experts, and technical staff.
- Value the importance of other's contributions to group accomplishments and demonstrates this by showing willingness to learn from others, including those who are less experience.
- Call on others, to get their perspective, background information and/or experience, and proactively liaise with others to share relevant information.
- Beyond solid program delivery and technical skills, have a proven track record in delivery execution under aggressive schedule demands with competing priorities. Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing requirements --adapt quickly and constantly adapt to moving targets.
- Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-drive environment.
- Working knowledge of several processes including, but not limited to Catalog Management, Configuration Management, Incident Management, Service Portfolio Management, Demand Management, and Change management.
- Experience managing multiple clients/stakeholders/projects simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of ITSM and industry best practices.
- Ability to make recommendations for changes and improvements to tools and processes.
- ITIL V4 Foundation Certification;
- ITIL V3 2011 Intermediate Certification (preferred)
- ServiceNow Certification (preferred)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Has moderate to advanced understanding of the intent of the process associated with IT project management, IT operations, and service management/delivery.
- Able to produce conceptual model of future process state.
- ServiceNow ITSM data model experience.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.