SAIC is looking for a Principal Network Engineer in California to support designing, analyzing, planning, modifying, and maintaining US Navy shore enterprise networks and network components. This position requires an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. Is able to apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts. Is viewed as an expert in the field and able to participate with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives.
Specific duties include:
- Prepare analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; provide information for hardware and software selection and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct testing of network systems.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Education and Certifications:
- BS and 17+ years experience. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- The candidate should be certified with minimum of 1 year or Microsoft MCSA or MSCE with Windows Server 2012 or 2016.
- Secret Clearance required.
Has the following experience and expertise in:
- Security Engineering with expertise in enterprise architecture with emphasis in datacenter security compliancy or monitoring systems.
- Shore enterprise networks (i.e. ONE-NET, NMCI, etc.)
- Implementing enterprise end user and server level deployment systems and maintaining critical world-wide communications systems.
- Network Engineering with expertise in enterprise networks including network design and configuration, and ports and protocols.
- SolarWinds or System Center Configuration/Operations Manager (SCCM/SCOM) or equal compliancy management and monitoring solutions;
- VMware, MS Windows & MS SQL-Server platforms.
- Implementation or administration experience with CISCO Network components and standards.
- Implementation and administration experience with SANs, networking, Linux, and in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies.
- Writing engineering documentation and solution brief presentation to government leadership.
- Applying and validating DISA STIG and apply FISMA security requirements.
- Providing guidelines for course of actions best suited for future architecture for network based solutions on Navy-wide plans for consolidation.
- Developing custom scripts to automate network management of data.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.