KBR is seeking a Subcontracts Administrator to perform a full range of procurement and administration activities associated with subcontracting work. Qualifies suppliers, issues requests for proposals, evaluates proposals, maintains subcontract files in accordance to established procedures. Oversees and performs the full range of procurement and administration activities associated with subcontracting work on a project. Under general supervision, and occasional direct supervision, performs assignments requiring experience and knowledge of standard concepts within their field. Displays core job competencies by analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures while developing advanced skills.
This position can be based out of Greenbelt, MD or Houston, TX
- Daily operation requirements and workflow of numerous government and commercial subcontracts
- Develop and prepare solicitation documents (Request for Proposal, Request for Quote, and Invitational Bid)
- Review subcontract activities at pre-solicitation and award phase for risk and compliance assessment
- Negotiate price, contract specifications, delivery dates, incentives and other terms and conditions
- Implement FAR, DFAR requirements as related to procurement
- Prepare documentation summary and cost/price analysis
- Prepare source selection statements and other required file documentation
- Protect the company’s interest and ensure compliance with company policies, legal and regulatory requirements
- Review and administer subcontracts to ensure satisfactory progress and compliance with terms and conditions of the subcontract, and to identify problems that threaten contractor performance; collect end-user feedback and identify areas requiring improvements or corrective action; recommend actions when subcontractor is not in compliance with subcontract clauses and provisions, or issue corrective action plan as required
- Manages modifications and change orders in support of customer demands and all other aspects of day-to-day subcontract administration
- Participate in bid and proposal activities to include but not limited to data calls, and cost proposals and pricing activities, including price negotiation, in conjunction with multiple departments
- Analyze and independently resolve or coordinate resolution of technical and administrative problems involving subcontracts
- Regular interaction with finance, accounting, business development and senior management
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience in subcontracts administration working for a federal contractor or equivalent work experience
- In lieu of formal education 11 – 13 years of experience in subcontracts administration working for a federal contractor or equivalent work experience
- Good understanding of FAR regulations and how they relate to subcontract management as well as experience managing various types of subcontracts including IDIQ, CPAF, CPFF, T&M, and FFP
- Must be organized, detail oriented and demonstrate strong time management skills and be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage shifting priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with peers, vendors and customers, and contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, teamwork and a positive attitude
- Excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills
Deltek Costpoint experience is a plus
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.