Cyber Space Operator
Location VA - Alexandria
Req # 5988
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is a system engineering company operating principally in the Federal Government sector, and headquartered in Houston, Texas with offices Nationwide. KBR offers challenging work, competitive salaries, an incentive bonus program and one of the most competitive health and welfare benefits packages in the region for you and your family.
KBR is seeking energetic candidates to join our team supporting the KBR NTG business unit. This position is in Fort Belvoir, VA.
The Cyber Space Operator is an integral member of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Mission Assurance/Vulnerability Assessment Team. As such, they assess the survivability of critical U.S. and allied national/theater mission systems, networks, architectures, infrastructures, and assets.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance eligibility required
- Assess communications infrastructure that support installation voice, data, video, radio, electronic security, and industrial control systems/networks
- Identify threats/hazards that could affect the mission's communications architecture and using this data to assess the vulnerability and risk to these assets
- Perform single-point critical node analysis of an installation's telecommunications, other communications systems, and computer networks including supporting infrastructure (security, power, heating-ventilation-air conditioning, fuel, fire protection, etc.). Provide recommendations to remediate or mitigate system vulnerabilities due to terrorist, manmade, and natural incidents
- Evaluate and make recommendations on secure and/or non-secure high-speed digital data transmission, government satellite services, high-frequency radio, long-haul military and commercial radio, telephone, voice frequency circuitry, wireless, facsimile, video, and computer network inter-switch trunks
- Evaluate and make recommendations for DoD installations on achievable means of enhancing the communications networks and/or systems to ensure local distribution networks and supporting off-site commercial facilities have the capacity, survivability, reliability, and security to support the mission
- Review Communication plans, Defense Continuity Plans, and other associated plans and provide feedback to improve the documents
- Prepare Assessment Team Reports based upon vulnerabilities observed during the assessment
- Conduct other assessments defined by the Subject Matter Expert Benchmark matrix
- Possess Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related technical field; operational experience can serve as a substitute for degree requirement
- Possess minimum 5 years, or Bachelor's degree and 2 years, operational experience in the military, other Federal Government, or comparable civilian position in Cyberspace operations
- Possess IAT Level II certification as defined and 8570.01-M, or ability to obtain certifications within 180 days of hire
- Previous assessment experience desired
- Possess a thorough understanding of the Department of Defense Information Networks (DoDIN)
- Work experience as a network administrator, IT management/consulting, assessing IT, or installation of IT-related systems
- In-depth knowledge of newest information technology threats
- Understanding of the methodologies used to conduct vulnerability scans
- Knowledge of Information Assurance, Mission Assurance levels associated with DoD IT Systems
- Understanding of the Cyber Protection Conditions
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity practices and threats
- Knowledge of the DoD Risk Management Framework
- Ability to evaluate communications architecture and identify single points of failure
- Knowledge of risk management concepts employed by DoD or Department of Homeland Security
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.