The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OIT), Quality, Privacy and Risk (QPR), Systems Quality Assurance Service (SQAS) is to provide benefits and services to Veterans of the United States.
VA OIT uses a tool agnostic Java/Selenium based Automated Testing Framework to support functional, regression and a data-driven testing capability of VA's enterprise and corporate systems (to include, financial, acquisition, human resource, time keeping, payroll and interfacing applications). The current focus is to support testing of web-based applications which includes those utilizing configured commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software solutions. The candidate shall maintain and expand an Automated Testing Framework and automated tests that will support validation of transactions or interface files handled through VA's Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), along with updating related documentation.
Required Education and Experience:
· U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a VA Moderate clearance (Public Trust)
· Bachelor's Degree in Technical Discipline
· Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Jira, Eclipse, GitHub, Web Services, SQL.
· Experience with Jenkins would be a plus.
· Experience developing and applying an Automated Test Framework.
The Senior Automation Test Engineer performs the following activities:
· Prepare reusable methods, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of their test scripts.
· Develop and configure test automation networks and execute stability and performance tests.
· Maintain and expand the framework where testing is streamlined and speeds up productivity.
· Coordinate with product management and software and support engineers to deliver stable enterprise software products.
· Incorporate performance measurements within the framework.
· Develop and execute test automation scripts through the use of Selenium or similar automation tools
· Design, develop, and execute reusable and maintainable automated scripts for functional and performance/load tests.
· Estimate test accurately and coordinate with team members for work activities.
· Apply, design and develop automated testing strategies and build automated testing frameworks.
· Analyze and verify best automated and manual test approaches and execute acceptance, integration, installation and system testing.
· Involve in product design to guarantee adherence of test coverage for meeting end user requirements.
· Record test results and report and verify software bug fixes to accept automation criteria.
· Analyze automated test requirements and develop test plans and debug to understand test objective requirements.
· Answer technical issues to resolve and follow up.
· Establish test strategy and manual and automated test suites.
· Review automation scripts and mentor JR Automation Test Engineers.
· Update and maintain technical documents pertaining to the framework.