Senior Model Based System engineer
POSITION IS CONTINGENT ON CONTRACT AWARD
KBR is looking for a highly qualified System Engineer to be part of a fast paced dynamic team in support of a NAVAIR program.
- Supports the execution of an advanced research and development program in system engineering/digital engineering.
- Supports the engineering team to establish and manage digital representations of the weapon system’s technical baselines.
- Guides the analysis and synthesis of Requirements, Interfaces, Behavior, Structure and Parametrics (RIBS-P) across the weapon systems technical baselines utilizing Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE)/SysML and various modeling and simulation tools.
- Provides support in establishing the foundation of a digital environment across various tools and classification levels in support of program priorities.
- Guides and manages the implementation of the necessary methods, processes, tools, training, and network data transfers to establish an efficient synchronized and cohesive digital engineering environment across.
- Government and Industry reconciled against the authoritative source of truth.
- Perform the following using MBSE tools/methods: Requirements analysis/synthesis, requirements definition and management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design and trade study analysis, system integration and verification modeling, and overall model of models validation.
- Provides Support in establishing a technical foundation to create on-ramps to rapidly integrate new capabilities, develop program descriptions/plans, and establish integrated roadmaps in support of program priorities.
- Guides the development of the necessary model views required to obtain Government SME and stakeholder concurrence on technical baseline content to place under change and version control.
- Coordinates definition, review and approval of system design feature attributes across the engineering team.
- Provides support for the engineering team with model I-based evaluations of system designs as required.
Basic Qualifications :
- Masters or PhD in Engineering from an accredited college or university. Experience cannot be substituted for education plus at least ten years of experience in Digital Engineering and MBSE.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A current Top Secret Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 6 years is required.
- Travel (20%) is required for this position.
- Candidates should be proficient in SysML, MagicDraw/Cameo, MATLAB, Microsoft Office and Adobe products.
- Must have very strong knowledge in systems engineering and design of military aircraft.
- Candidates should have extensive experience with establishing and architecting relationships across the following types of models: analytical, parametric, virtualized hardware, simulation/emulations, and constructive.
- Must have extensive knowledge of dependent technical disciplines and the ability to recognize various architectural patterns/ applying resultant analysis appropriately across the systems’ digital representation.
- Experience with IBM Rhapsody, UML, C++, SQL/Access and Java.
- Candidate should have experience working in a dynamic, schedule constrained, and complex security environment.
Contract Requirements will prevail.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.