General Foreman, MEP and HVAC, Ft McNair
Position is contingent on award of Ft McNair HVAC M&S Task Order.
Must be within 50 miles of Ft McNair, or willing to waive travel requirements.
This position provides technical support for complex projects including design, installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation, and operation of MEP and HVAC/DDC systems. The role will serve as the customer interface for technical, operational, and administrative information and for resolving technical issues. Oversees the work of the project and coordinates procurement activities. Directs no more than 21 employees. Duties primarily focus on preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance of MEP, HVAC and DDC systems.
- Provides technical guidance to lower level technicians.
- Directs and participates in the planning, scheduling, and implementation of complex projects (primarily, but not limited to, HVAC corrective maintenance Service Orders)
- Provides technical support and instruction to staff and customers regarding equipment standards. Helps solve specific, difficult in-service engineering problems.
- Analyzes system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of project. Estimates quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor. Advises customer of technical requirements and makes appropriate changes. Prepares and presents project recommendations to customer.
- Prepares documentation containing information such as confidential descriptions and specifications of proprietary hardware and software, equipment development and introduction schedules, product costs, and information about system performance weaknesses.
- Inspects electronic equipment, instruments, products, and systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, and quality standards.
- Analyzes systemic failure data and trends to determine causes of problems and develops solutions. Recommends repair or design modifications based on factors such as environment, service, cost, and system capabilities. Balances company and customer needs.
- Develops technical documentation and procedures for installation, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment. Documentation is written in accordance with technical specifications, program requirements and quality standards.
- Applies technical knowledge to the completion of projects.
- Represents the company in outside discussions with customer personnel and other organizations.
- Position requires a background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman level HVAC Mechanic experience is required.
- Must be a member of Local 602 or able to become a member
- 5 years’ experience with preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance of MEP/HVAC/DDC systems required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- 10% travel
Additional Skills Qualifications:
- Preferred have completed the 30-hour OSHA Construction safety class or as an equivalent, 30 hours of formal construction safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30-hour course, applicable to the work to be performed and given by qualified instructors.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
Experience and certifications on some or all of the following brand HVAC equipment desired:
Concepts & Design
Experience or certifications on Siemens or Niagara DDC systems
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.