Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
LCV Dona Ana / Bliss: Master Electrician
• ME oversees electrical, power generation and HVAC systems additions and/or modifications.
• Conduct technical assessments and be familiar with construction standards, operating procedures, policies, record keeping practices, and code compliance.
• Apply advanced technical techniques and make decisions on system operations, analysis effectiveness, and ensures efficient operations.
• ME devises approaches and solutions to problems as it relates to electrical distribution, power generation, cathodic protection, grounding lightning protection, heat tracing, etc.
• ME oversees the planning and scheduling of generation and distribution work and leads work efforts for system maintenance, repairs and upgrades, as necessary.
• ME works closely with the USG public works (DPW) electrical point of contact.
• Assist management with personnel staffing, equipment and budget decisions. Maintain and coordinate with Materials Department to keep adequate level of spare parts and consumables to continue uninterrupted supply of electrical services to include power generation and HVAC services.
• Must communicate effectively with client/customer and management; provide guidance electrical, power generation, and HVAC needs. Must have ability to perform site assessment/audits and generate timely and accurate reports.
• Must have a Master Electrician’s license • 5+ years of civilian/industrial electrical employment and/or USG training on military base operations as it relates to electrical systems.
• Shall have demonstrated experience in the ability to perform the required duties to manage and maintain electrical distribution systems on commercial/industrial projects to include working on government projects.
• Knowledgeable of electrical codes and best practices to EU standards
• Capable of reading blueprints, schematics and other diagrams
• Capable understanding and using electrical diagnostic tools.
• Being able to meet the physical requirements of the job including, working in confined spaces, lifting heavy equipment and working at elevated heights
• Knowing OSHA safety guidelines and practices and ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
• Oversee, assist or assign personnel to ensure work quality. Leads, guides, and/or trains electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
• Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers.
• ME shall be able to read electrical blueprints and apply appropriate codes through the full range of maintenance and construction work.
• Shall be knowledgeable in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems to include repairing and maintaining motor control centers and programmable logic controls.
• It is preferred that the selected ME will be familiar with the operations and have experience with power generation and HVAC systems.
• Knowledge and understanding of design practices, construction practices and procedures.
• Wide knowledge of codes and industry standards IEEE, NFPA, API, IEC, ANSI/NEMA to include EU standards.
• Five (5) years of experience managing at least 20 electricians in construction environment.
• Five (5) years of experience working overseas on USG Military projects.
• Experience and knowledge of electrical applications, lockout/tagout, permits, electrical maintenance goals, facility maintenance application and PM standards.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.