Exploration Medical Capability Integrator (Supporting NASA Johnson Space Center)
This position will support the Exploration Medical Capability (ExMC) Element of the Human Research Program Human (HRP) at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston, Texas, as part of the Human Health and Performance Contract (HHPC). This team helps to determine and develop the capabilities needed for the health and performance systems for future human exploration missions. The incumbent will support ExMC Leadership and work with the ExMC team members at Johnson Space Center (JSC) and across three other NASA Centers: Ames Research Center (ARC) in Mountain View, CA; Glenn Research Center (GRC) in Cleveland, OH; and Langley Research Center (LaRC) in Hampton, VA.
The ExMC Integrator primarily supports ExMC Leadership and functions as an extended part of the ExMC Leadership Team. The ExMC Integrator is the prime for scheduling, attending and supporting ExMC element-level meetings and events. The ExMC Integrator also tracks and organizes accessible ExMC documentation and facilitates communication across the Element.
- Provide and maintain an Element Management schedule, calendar, and timeline identifying upcoming activities for the Element Management team
- Support reporting tasks and schedule at weekly ExMC Leadership tags
- Establish meeting agenda templates, note-taker, and timekeeper roles
- Facilitate communication between ExMC groups (Systems Engineering, Clinical Sciences Team, Center and Project Leads, etc.)
- Schedule and conduct weekly ExMC Forum
- Ensure sustained support of the ExMC SharePoint site, including Leadership calendar
- Provide configuration management support for ExMC documentation
- Track and record updates to ExMC document change requests and studies
- Support updates to ExMC Element documentation
- Maintain ExMC element-level distribution lists and organizational chart
- Coordinate Technical Interchange Meetings and potential subject matter expert travel
- Coordinate and support updates to the Human Research Roadmap (HRR)
- Support the preparation of JSC accomplishments and publications for the ExMC quarterly package for the HRP Quarterly Management Review and monthly Technical Cost Schedule Risk (TCSR)
- Track and document identified risks at TCSR reviews
- Support Investigators’ Workshop (IWS) preparation and planning for ExMC
- Coordinate ExMC meetings, control boards and other reviews as requested, and serve as executive secretary/technical coordinator
- Facilitate ExMC Leadership export control requests
- Conduct orientations to the ExMC SharePoint site for new personnel
- Manage the budget and resources of the ExMC Integrator subtask according to the HHPC Statement of Work (SOW) and pricing plan
- Complete monthly reporting on estimates, variances, and accomplishments
- Interface with customer to ensure deliverables meet expectations
- Work to identify and anticipate new HHPC opportunities within the ExMC element
- A BS degree in engineering, science, technology, or medical-related field
- Integration experience in technical or scientific environment
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with multi-disciplined teams
- Demonstrated experience working with distributed team
- Demonstrated experience organizing and conducting formal meetings (virtual and in-person)
- Demonstrated experience working with communication tools (i.e., Microsoft Teams, SharePoint)
- Five years of applicable professional experience which has led to increasing levels of technical and coordination responsibilities
- NASA experience in integration
- Experience with NASA Human Research Program
- Comprehensive knowledge of disciplines within human health and performance
- Awareness of spaceflight impacts to human physiology, behavior, and medical state
- Understanding of the history and current state of requirements, intent, and implementation of NASA-STD-3001 across NASA human spaceflight programs
- Experience with NASA software systems and processes (export control, COSMOS, TaskBook, Human Research Roadmap Configuration Management System, Meeting Services Tool)
- Budget management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team or independently
- Ability to handle competing priorities
- Ability to work with general directives and self-determine intermediate steps
- Ability to develop training materials or orientation documents
- Ability to deliver training
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.