Stationary Engineer, DDC, Ft McNair
Stationary Engineer, Maintenance SCA 25070
Responsibilities of Position:
Position is contingent upon award of Ft McNair M&S Task Order
No relocation funds available. Ideal candidate within 50 miles of Ft McNair, Washington, DC.
This position supports maintenance, services, and operation of HVAC equipment in commercial sized government buildings.
The Stationary Engineer Responsibilities:
- Monitor and Operate Building Automation System.
- Answer requests for HVAC Operational requests or adjustments via phone or internet.
- Adjust heating, ventilation, and air conditioning master, sub-master, and controls to control the temperatures and circulation of air throughout the system.
- Distinguish problems and anomalies from normal operating parameters, and record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences.
- Operate the boilers on gas or fuel oil by hand or by control of mechanical or electronic systems (if required).
- Operate the HW (primary) pumps and piping systems (if required).
- Operate chillers and cooling towers (if required).
- Operate the chilled and condenser water system pumps and piping systems (if required).
- Perform water quality checks for the Steam, HW, chilled water and condenser water systems and update appropriate equipment and system logs (if required).
- Operate other electrical, mechanical, and ventilation systems such as chilled water piping, air conditioning, air distribution, air filtration, and refrigeration equipment. (if required)
- Make daily visual safety inspections of the boilers, high-pressure vessels, chillers, cooling towers, piping, controls and all related equipment. Log pertinent data, including discrepancies, report deficiencies to a Supervisor immediately for follow-up. (if required)
- Make adjustments as required and perform preventive maintenance in accordance with prescribed schedules. (if required)
- Be cognizant of alarms and respond efficiently and effectively to maintain a safe working environment.
- Possess adequate sight, hearing and speaking capabilities to maintain a safe working condition and be able to distinguish wire colors and component color codes.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma and ten (10) years of directly related work experience.
- Must possess a current Washington DC 3rd Class Operator’s license.
- 10 years’ experience with operations of HVAC systems required.
- Must have the ability to operate building automation systems, Siemens experience preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Must have the ability to write, comprehend, and execute written and oral instructions, in English, and perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Since this is a 24/7/365 position, Shift Work, Weekend Work, and the Ability to work flexible hours will be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Preferred to have completed the 30-hour OSHA General Industry or Construction safety class or as an equivalent, 30 hours of formal construction safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30-hour course (see Appendix A, paragraph 4.b, EM 385-1-1) applicable to the work to be performed and given by qualified instructors.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.