SAIC is rapidly growing a System Integration team tasked to deliver a new, complex space and ground system in support of National Security. This exciting and innovative program, located in Chantilly VA, is leveraging best practices in system engineering, via Digital Engineering processes and technology, and in Agile software development, via DevSecOps development. This multi-year contract will require energetic engineers to define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
In support of this team, SAIC is seeking a Digital Engineering Lead to support system engineering and integration activities that define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
- Serves as trusted technical point of contact regarding development of MBSE artifacts, Digital Twins, and digital analysis
- Provides critical technical leadership on model design decisions
- Oversees analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools
- Provides expert mission analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, and evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs
- Quantifies performance impacts to changes in CONOPS, scenarios, and/or threats.
- Responsible for technical direction of a multidisciplinary staff
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solution of problems
- Develops briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Current Top Secret (TS) clearance with ability to obtain a polygraph
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Experience in systems integration and/or systems engineering
- Experience using model based system engineering concepts, tools, and languages (such as SysML)
- Experience with development and integration of model based systems engineering (MBSE) / simulation, digital twins, and mission performance analysis activities
- Experience with mission-level modeling tools, such as AFSIM, to analyze the effectiveness and employment of space systems
Desired Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Masters of Science in engineering, science, or related technical field
- Experience in space-ground system engineering and/or integration
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.