Job Description: SAIC is hiring a Senior IT Support Specialist at Tyndall Airforce Base, FL. This position will support the US Army Corps of Engineers RITS Program. In this role you will provide both remote and onsite technical, operational, and training support to users. As a Senior IT Support Specialist you will support escalated problems from the help desk, as well as provide second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware.
Hours: Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; 8 hour shift between 6AM and 6PM local time. After hours support may be required on an infrequent basis.
About the Program: The Army Corps of Engineers – Revolutionary Information Technology Services (RITS) program, provides a modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
- Provide second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware.
- Handle problems that the first-tier help desk support is unable to resolve.
- Install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating systems, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs.
- Troubleshoot printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, perform hardware and software diagnostics, and coordinate needed repairs.
- Resolve computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participate in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
- May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Require Education, Skills, and Experience:
- AA/AS degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 6+ years of professional, applicable IT experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
- Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start, and must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience supporting Windows 10, and MS Office 2013
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience maintaining Xerox, Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits)
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience supporting Office 365
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.