SAIC is seeking a .NET Developer to support our team in Anniston, AL. This position can be worked remotely, but the candidate selected for this position must be able to go into the Anniston, AL office on an as-needed basis. Work as part of a collaborative system and application development team to develop, maintain, customize and support client's integrated registration, analytics, and data management systems, web, and intranet sites and other related system, application, and data management development tasks. Collaborate with and mentor team members, using expertise and knowledge of software development tools and techniques, including Agile, DevOps, and Automated Testing, to enhance Team performance.
- Work with Product Owner, Analysts, Team Members, and Customer to establish requirements and delivery expectations.
- Identify and present innovative ideas and opportunities for new projects, applications, solutions, modifications and enhancements.
- Provide programming support for the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of the client's web-based analytics, training administration and student identification systems.
- Understand and communicate software design principles and patterns as a mentor to team members.
- Work with Team Members to ensure that requirements and functional specifications are documented and maintained using Git and other tools.
- Identify, recommend and adopt tooling, applications, frameworks, and libraries for development efforts.
- Collaborate with team members and end users to analyze, troubleshoot, test, and resolve identified issues and develop modifications and enhancements.
- Participate in Code Reviews of Development Work.
- Provide quality control on existing code, code documentation, and configuration management. Write Unit Tests and Integration Tests.
- Develop conceptual design models and flowcharts.
- Assist with related help desk issues as needed.
- Assist in delivering demonstrations and other presentations to end users and the client.
- Assist with creation and editing of technical documentation (i.e. user guides, system manuals, etc.).
- Assist with end user training.
- Create and perform database queries to obtain and provide data reports.
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of total IT experience; additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- United States Citizen and be eligible to obtain U.S. DHS Public Trust Entrance on Duty (EOD) clearance
- 1+ years working experience in C# preferably using .NET Core
- Working knowledge of the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern
- Understanding of Unit Tests and Testing methodologies
- Basic knowledge of Visual Studio
- Basic knowledge of version control using Git
- Basic knowledge of T-SQL; MS SQL Server
- Able to complete a programming knowledge assessment questionnaire, live programming session, and take home programming assignment
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server
- Working knowledge of JSON and XML data
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Experience working in an Agile environment using DevOps methodologies; Scrum experience a plus
- Knowledge of TFS and/or Azure DevOp for tracking work items, creating and maintaining build and release pipelines
- Knowledge of and experience working with MS Azure Cloud a strong plus
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.