DIEGO GARCIA: MWR CLUBS and ACTIVITIES MANAGER
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for or all Club and Food and Beverage operations.
- Clubs and Activities Manager or designated alternate shall be readily available during regular working hours. For contingencies/emergencies, the Recreation Services Manager or designated alternate shall be on-site within one hour of notification.
- Responsible for the management and administration of MWR Clubs in conformance with policy and guidelines established by regulations, directives, and higher authority. Focusing primarily on the quality of operations; oversees the assignment of duties, responsibilities, and workstations to employees:
- Observes and evaluates work procedures to ensure Food and Beverage Quality, Sanitation, Service, and Cost Standards adhere to.
- Ensures proper staffing levels and allocation of staffing resources to various venues on a shift-by-shift basis as deemed adequate to execute company standards of guest service and safety.
- Mentors develop and provide on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement as well as executes directives deemed appropriate by the MWR Director.
- Review financial transactions and monitors the budget to ensure efficient operation and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations.
- Constantly reviews current operating procedures for revenue-enhancement opportunities, through MWR marketing efforts, up-selling programs, and special promotions, etc.
- Review outcomes discuss with subordinate management and implements corrected recommendations.
- Monitors all food and beverage recipes, presentations, and quality in all venues.
- Inspects food and beverage preparation to maintain the highest levels of quality and sanitation standards.
- Oversees all special events conducted at all MWR facilities requiring food and beverage service.
- Confers with preparation and other personnel to plan menus and related activities such as dining room, bar, special promotional events, and banquet operations.
- Investigates and resolves food and beverage quality and service complaints in a timely fashion and always intending to exceed the expectations of our guests.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses, and all other work-related activities as required.
- Where appropriate, initiates meetings to address and resolve quality concerns and to continuously identify improvement opportunities.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by occupying this position.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with guests.
- Ability to maintain a current Driver’s License.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, unless otherwise approved by the Government.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAININGS
- Adult First Aid, CPR, and AED Training Certificate
- Star Service Training Certificate
- Creating Stellar Customer Relations
- Controlling Alcohol Risks Effectively (CARE) - AHLEI
- ServSafe Certificate
- Food Handler
- Food Protection Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business Management/Administration, or related Food and Beverage field from an accredited institution.
- Must have four to six years progressive food and beverage managerial experience, preferably in a 4 or 5-star Restaurant, Hotel, or Catering Organization. Three to five years’ experience in various supervisory and management capacities within the Food & Beverage division with consistently high-performance ratings.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.