SAIC has an immediate need for a Surface Warfare Enterprise Training and Readiness Program Analyst to join our team supporting the Commander, Naval Surface Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet (CNSL) under the Surface Warfare Enterprise (SWE) construct in Norfolk, VA.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Norfolk, VA once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
This position is embedded within the CNSL N7 Training and Readiness Directorate and reports directly to the N7 Assistant Chief of Staff. The incumbent will be a member of the SWE Rapid Response Group (RRG), formally known as the Current Readiness Cross Pillar Team (CRCPT) focused on assisting and advising the SWE Enterprise, comprised of Ship Class Advocates (CG, DDG, DDG-1000, LCS, LHA/D, LPD-17, LSD, ESB, MCM, and PC), Type Commander Assistant Chiefs of Staff, and Readiness aspects of the PESTONI (Personnel, Equipment, Supply, Training, Ordnance, Networks, and Infrastructure) pillars, Principal Assistants, and Actions Officers. The successful candidate will support the goals of the SWE through consulting and mentoring in the best application of enterprise principles, and through analytical support for a mix of mid-grade officers and civilians.
Executive support, progress review, management of action items, metrics recommendations & revisions, data collection, data and metric analysis, enterprise financial analysis & process management, curriculum development and maintenance, web based training, individual training of key personnel, instructor led training, and production of monthly activity reports to:
- Work with the government team to identify variances (gaps), provide explanations, and recommend corrective actions
- Recognize the constraints embedded in working within government systems and provide recommendations that strengthen enterprise management
- Identify opportunities for improvement of key interfaces within and outside of the SWE RRG construct
- Support Enterprise efforts to SWE RRG organization and management
- Highlight cost drivers and operational risks associated with force generation and recommend courses of action for rapid leadership decision. Identify issues that can be resolved within 2 years by realigning or adjusting resources or policies.
- Participate in sustainment efforts to manage ship-class/systems cost drivers and operational risks throughout the life cycle
- Bachelor's Degree and four (4) years or more of related experience; Additional four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- General Consulting Skills - Flexible, agile and responsive. Self-starter, but knows when to ask questions.
- Active Duty Navy Experience
- Subject Matter Expertise in Naval Surface Warfare
- Demonstrated familiarity with PESTONI Readiness Pillar objectives, constraints and measures of effectiveness (metrics)
- Experience with CNSL N7 Training and Readiness matters; Atlantic or Pacific Training Group (ATG/PTG), TYCOM or Fleet N7 experience is desired
- Active DoD Secret level clearance required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.