DIEGO GARCIA: POL Superintendent
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- It is expected that the POL Superintendent, as management personnel, will coordinate as needed with other Contractor management/employee personnel for all Annexes, and Government personnel for all Annexes, to solve problems and meet PWS specification and performance standards for day-to-day operations in all PWS areas such as, but not limited to, fire protection and prevention, logistics, facility services to include equipment maintenance, grounds maintenance and landscaping, and all relevant contract and support issues pertaining to POL management and operations.
- Manage capitalized or non-capitalized bulk fuel storage (above ground or underground steel tanks and tactical systems) and distribution services (ocean tanker loading and unloading, storage terminals, pump stations, pipelines, hose lines, tank vehicles) in support of operational requirements; retail fuel points to include, but not limited to, Base Service Station, to include retail fuel storage systems incidental to operating the retail fuel point, mobile retail fuel systems when required in support of ground support equipment, aviation, watercraft operations.
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, internal handling, and issue of petroleum products.
- Manage the operations and maintenance of bulk and retail petroleum storage service tank systems, receipt headers, fill stands, direct aviation fuel servicing, direct retail ground fuel servicing, retail service stations, and the maintenance and upkeep of facilities, environmental systems, and grounds maintenance.
- Interface with the operational activities at the location to maintain excellent communications about upcoming exercises, logistical maneuvers, and other activities to ensure contractual requirements are met.
- Ensure assigned personnel are properly trained and meet qualifications to competently perform their duties.
- Plan and schedule site activities to optimize resources and facilities to meet the Performance Work Statement specifications.
- Prepare and submit reports or other verifying documentation as required for both local contract and company requirements.
- Ensure that personnel maintain required safety training and perform their functions meeting prescribed safety standards, maintaining compliance with contract language.
- Perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the workforce assigned, communicating performance expectations, areas of accountability, training requirements, and feedback to employees on a regular basis.
- Understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
- Perform all other duties prescribed by corporate management.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hands-on experience in bulk and retail fuel storage and distribution/facilities, mobile (aviation/ground) fuel servicing equipment, quality surveillance of aviation and ground fuel products, aviation and ground fuel inventory, accounting and administration.
- Practical experience in the basic design and layout of petroleum facilities, component makeup and flow characteristics of storage piping systems, and the ability to read and understand basic drawings, blueprints, and system specifications.
- Experienced in all quality surveillance testing with a working knowledge of MIL-STD- 3004 requirements.
- Experienced in the accounting and inventory requirements of DoD 4140.25M.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills which enable effective liaison with clients, other departments within the organization, subcontractors and clients; reports directly to Senior Management.
- Particular attention to details, good project management skills.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must be contract oriented and computer literate in Microsoft Office software.
- Must have a SECRET clearance.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Certification relating to Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Energy is highly desired.
- Fuels Manager Defense (FMD)
- Joint Responsible Officer and Terminal Managers Course
- Base Level Defense Fuels Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry based on a four-year course of study from a U.S. or U.K. accredited college or university. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would likely produce the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in liquid fuels and fuel terminal operations (i.e. receiving POL products; issuing via tank truck, pipeline, barge and ship; maintenance, repair and modification of POL storage, distribution and dispensing systems).
- Four (4) of the ten years of experience must have been served in a supervisory capacity.
- Two (2) years of specialized experience with constant pressure Type III hydrant and pantograph fuel systems.
- Mechanical, electrical, control and fire prevention expertise required.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.